Vicki's New Creations

Old January 4th 04, 07:04 AM
meijhana

Default Vicki's New Creations

Hey, Harry!!!

Vicki got her paua today, and she had fun wrapping two of them (she couldn't
get 2 of them to work)...here's what she did:

http://www.meijhanadesigns.com/vicki.jpg

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.

Old January 4th 04, 12:25 PM
Shirley Shone

They look absolutely wonderful.
Shirley

In article , meijhana
writes

Old January 4th 04, 01:47 PM
Harry

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:04:03 -0800, "meijhana" wrote:

Hey, Harry!!!

Vicki got her paua today, and she had fun wrapping two of them (she couldn't
get 2 of them to work)...here's what she did:

http://www.meijhanadesigns.com/vicki.jpg

Mary

WOW! They are very pretty indeed! I think I found something else
I might have to learn how to do.
Harry

Harry's Happy Place
http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html
My Ebay Auctions
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50
Old January 4th 04, 02:01 PM
Beadbimbo

Ooooooooooo! Pretty!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old January 4th 04, 02:09 PM
Harry

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:04:03 -0800, "meijhana" wrote:

Hey, Harry!!!

Vicki got her paua today, and she had fun wrapping two of them (she couldn't
get 2 of them to work)...here's what she did:

http://www.meijhanadesigns.com/vicki.jpg

Mary

Me again! After looking at them several times I can't help but notice
the one on the left appears to be a lighting bolt and if worn as a
pendant would direct the power to the heart. Very power design!

Old January 4th 04, 10:38 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Those shells come alive even more when they're set. Gorgeous.. The only down
side so far to living in NZ is I see so many cheap touristy things made with
Paua. It's good to see something understated that lets the beauty of the
shell predominate.
Marisa (AU/NZ)

Old January 4th 04, 10:46 PM
Harry

"meijhana" wrote in message
Hey, Harry!!!

Vicki got her paua today, and she had fun wrapping two of them (she

couldn't
get 2 of them to work)...here's what she did:

http://www.meijhanadesigns.com/vicki.jpg

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.
Drizzt Do'Urden (Exile - R.A. Salvatore)
================
MeijhanaDesigns - Unique Earrings and More!
http://www.meijhanadesigns.com

My feelings exactly. Thank you for finding the words. I am so sick
of seeing a piece of shell on just a string that they sell for $25.00
or more. I love the item she made with the wire wrapping. It's wonderful.
Harry

Old January 5th 04, 04:54 PM
BeckiBead

Holes, Harry. You need to learn to do holes.
Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old January 5th 04, 09:18 PM
Harry

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 05:38:28 +0800, "Marisa Cappetta" wrote:

Go for it, Harry!
Marisa (AU/NZ)
WOW! They are very pretty indeed! I think I found something else
I might have to learn how to do.
Harry

I am going to attemp mutiple answers and question with this one post! LOL
1. How do you even begin to do wire wrapping?
2. About the holes. I can drill holes, but I have no idea what size or where to put them.
3. If I drill the hole in the wrong side of the shell... will anyone be upset? Other than me? lol
4. What would you, (anyone), conside a perfect sized shell for: Earring, Pendant, Bracelet, Anklet drops?
5. Is this alot to ask?
6. Does people prefer free form over cut sizes? Shapes? Round? brain went blank...
7. What the best judgement to use as weather a piece of shell should be drilled or wrapped?
8. I have tumbled some sea beach glass that is lead crystal I beileve... how would I drill a hole in some of the pieces?
9. What size and type of bit would I have to use? Some of the glass pieces are thick and big.
Thanks
Harry