Help!! charms to lay right, glue on jump ring, good digital camera

Old May 7th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Help!! charms to lay right, glue on jump ring, good digital camera

Hi Y'all ~

I need help (help!). EVERYTIME I make a necklace with charms the
charms go every which way depending on how the wind blows. The only
way I can get them to lay flat is to make them 'stiff' by using a
tighter jump ring on a beaded that is larger or similar in size to the
bead to make them lay flat. I don't like this, kind of boring to me.
I want to make dangly, loose necklaces with alphabet charms. In this
particular case, I have a large (20mm) bead with a large hole. I am
an eyepin and dangling the charm from the eyepin. At the top of the
bead I am dooing a simple wire loop, then adding another jump ring
with another tiny nead for flourish, then the additional jump ring to
make it the letter 'face out'. But if I have a necklace that says
SPURS the letters often flip around. I always take care to attach
everything like the others so they are in sync. The don't look in
sync!

1. I read somewhere about filling large holes in beads with a gel or
glue. would doing that after adding the eyepin/charm work?

2. I get SUPER nervous and jump rings coming open. I am probably the
only person who I know who has used a tad a of glue to the closure as
an extra measure of security. However, often it's sticky, leaving the
sterling jump ring rough. Does anyone else use a speck of glue? If
so, is there a suggested method? Or should I just drop it (is it
unprofessional?). I used those horeshoe wire protectors at claps ends
which I love, but when just attaching something I get all panicky -
especially when I use dainty chain and need a dainty jump ring. I
cannot seem to do a halfway decent looped wrap onto a chain. I can
only do it stand alone, but then I need a jumpring to attach it!
Arrgh!

3. I have a simple digital camera which is fine for the house and
family. I am looking for a budget friendly digital camera where I can
take good close-ups of my jewelry. Can anyone recommend one? Or does
someone have one to sell?

Thanks so much!

beadjunky

Old May 7th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On May 7, 8:53 am, wrote:
[...]

if anyone knows how to add a photo to my post, please reply so I can
show you a picture of my waayyy to lose charm necklace.
Old May 7th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Don't have any tips about charms, but you could try split rings instead of
jump rings.
http://www.firemountaingems.com/sear...kw=split+rings

You can't add pics to the NG, but you can post them on a web page and give
us a link!

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Yea, new digital camera Bacchae Beads 3 June 2nd 05 01:42 AM
Digital Camera Sale Karen C - California Needlework 2 January 5th 04 08:08 PM
Quilting uses for a digital camera Jan Dunaway Quilting 10 December 28th 03 04:37 PM
Digital Camera Advice Gennie Beads 8 October 19th 03 08:07 PM