Thimbleberries block of month

Old February 15th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_4_]

Default Thimbleberries block of month

Recently saw a picture of the Thimbleberries Block of the Month quit for
2009, which was called 3's Company. Has anyone done that quilt? It looks
pretty difficult to me, but it so beautiful. Are some of the blocks
appliqué? The picture I have is so small I can't see the details...would I
be nuts to try to do this?
Linda

Old February 15th 11, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Nothing is impossible and there are no quilt police. If you are
determined, willing to ask questions (right here!), forgiving of yourself if
you make a mistake and have the patience to work thru each block- then you
*can* do it! Just don't get into something that will discourage you and
ruin the thrill of quilt making. Some suggest starting with a small simple
quilt. That wouldn't have worked for me- I'd have been bored to death and
never made another one. I guess it depends on how you learn and how you
feel about a challenge??? ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 15th 11, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Here's a site where you can see each of the individual blocks:

http://www.thimbleberries.com/pages?id=237&nav=6

There's no applique that I can see. It appears to be all squares,
rectangles and triangles. Go for it!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Old February 15th 11, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I looked at the individual month's blocks. None of them looks all that
hard. Some a bit fiddly, but I'm pretty sure you could do it and not
be considered nuts. The complex look is achieved by bumping blocks
with really different designs up close to other blocks, combining tiny
little four-squares with a pointy something in the same block.
Interesting, but doable if you break it down into pieces and don't let
perfection become the enemy of possible.

Sunny
(can't wait to see the blocks as you make them)
Old February 16th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

they seem pretty easy from my chair, too.
saved the site to my favorites and maybe
will figure the blocks out myself and do one
on my own.
good luck!!
Old February 16th 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Electric Quilt will make this kind of easy. I'd just like to know what the
whole thing looks like together first.

Anyone have a quick link, or I do I "have" to sit here with a new cup of
coffee and a piece of home-made chocolate raspberry cake and look for it
myself? :-)

Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA

Old February 16th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Feb 14, 11:47*pm, "Linda" wrote:
Recently saw a picture of the Thimbleberries Block of the Month quit for
2009, which was called 3's Company. Has anyone done that quilt? It looks
pretty difficult to me, but it so beautiful. Are some of the blocks
appliqué? The picture I have is so small I can't see the details...would I
be nuts to try to do this?
Linda

Here's a link to a page that shows it completed and with color
variations. Donna

http://www.patchworks.com/2009%20thi...ilt%20club.htm
Old February 16th 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

"dealer83" wrote in message
On Feb 14, 11:47 pm, "Linda" wrote:
Recently saw a picture of the Thimbleberries Block of the Month quit for
2009, which was called 3's Company. Has anyone done that quilt? It looks
pretty difficult to me, but it so beautiful. Are some of the blocks
appliqué? The picture I have is so small I can't see the details...would
be nuts to try to do this?
Linda

Here's a link to a page that shows it completed and with color
variations. Donna

http://www.patchworks.com/2009%20thi...ilt%20club.htm

Thank you. I ate the one piece of cake before my Internet search even got
started!
--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

Old February 17th 11, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks Donna -The original question was whether some of the blocks are
applique, and IMO the answer looks to be "yes"! Not a real issue, one
could always substitute pieced blocks. Can't say it appeals to me,
except I like the border treatment.
Roberta in D

Old February 17th 11, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

I looked at the fabric requirements for the quilt, and it refers to
needing the "applique print" to do some of the center and the outside
border. I can't find the print anywhere online (did just a quick
search), but it appears the blocks that are appliqued are printed rather
than actual applique.

I agree, Roberta, you could replace those with 6" pieced blocks - in
fact, I might like it better if that was done!

wrote:

On Feb 14, 11:47 pm, wrote:
Recently saw a picture of the Thimbleberries Block of the Month quit for
2009, which was called 3's Company. Has anyone done that quilt? It looks
pretty difficult to me, but it so beautiful. Are some of the blocks
appliqué? The picture I have is so small I can't see the details...would I
be nuts to try to do this?
Linda

Here's a link to a page that shows it completed and with color
variations. Donna

http://www.patchworks.com/2009%20thi...ilt%20club.htm

New block of the month Marcella Peek Quilting 1 December 26th 06 07:34 PM
Block of the Month steve Quilting 9 September 20th 06 02:31 PM
Block of the Month KI Graham Quilting 0 November 19th 05 12:19 AM
New Block Of The Month Renmark Craft Corner Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 04:01 AM
Block of the month teleflora Quilting 5 November 1st 03 08:50 PM