now I've seen it all!

Old January 14th 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default now I've seen it all!

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...e-home-accents

I am not even sure what I think of this!
Taria

Old January 14th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IEZ[_2_]

"Taria" wrote in message
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...e-home-accents

I am not even sure what I think of this!
Taria

Yes, it is a what-the-heck kind of thing. I was most interested in the
"review." The reviewer, "Sunshine Always Blair" remarked that she (I guess
it's a she) loved Pfaffs, had ordered one of these Pfaff Found Machines, and
couldn't wait to receive it. However, the item write-up clearly said that
"Each machine is unique. Let us choose for you." Also that "Brands
include German-made Singer, as well as Durkopp, Phoenix, ViKtoric, Gritzner
and Kohler."

Wonder if Sunshine Always Blair will get a Pfaff or one of the others?

Inquiring minds must know!

Iris

Old January 14th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Monique in TX[_2_]

Taria wrote:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...e-home-accents

I am not even sure what I think of this!
Taria

That's bizarre. It appears that they're being sold as decorative accents
and not as working machines. If all you want is something that looks
homey and will need dusting, fine, but I would never buy something like
this, expecting it to sew!

Monique in TX
Old January 14th 11, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Well, I certainly would NOT send anybody $200 for an old machine that
I couldn't choose personally, try out personally, and use! If I only
wanted a decoration, I know I could pick up a non-working but "cute"
machine for next to nothing at a junk shop!
Old January 14th 11, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Jan 14, 9:53*am, "Taria" wrote:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...g/?pkey=cdecor....

I am not even sure what I think of this!
Taria

I just saw this today when my new catalog came. Yes, decorative
only! They do NOT say they are working machines and it looks like
it's a 'pot luck' order, you get what they send you. Around here,
(upper midwest), I find these in the $5-10 range at thrift stores and
auctions. $199 is a pretty expensive dust collector, just my
opinion. Donna
Old January 15th 11, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Now there's something I need to do something about. We have two beautiful
old Singers that simply sit decorating and requiring dusting. They sew a
fine seam and really should belong to someone who could be using them.
Polly