HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Old February 28th 15, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

Default HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Finished "Morning Song" tonight!!!! (twirling around, jumping up and down. waving my arms in the air!!) Started August 26, 2014, finished February 27, 2015. Six months almost to the day! Next project, Heaven & Earth Designs "The Nativity". I'm sure I'll be busy on this one for quite awhile.
Old February 28th 15, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

Congrats! That was fast.

Rich

Old February 28th 15, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 10:05:01 PM UTC-6, Ruth wrote:
Finished "Morning Song" tonight!!!! (twirling around, jumping up and down. waving my arms in the air!!) Started August 26, 2014, finished February 27, 2015. Six months almost to the day! Next project, Heaven & Earth Designs "The Nativity". I'm sure I'll be busy on this one for quite awhile.

Thank you Rich. I have a really bad back and lots of time to stitch. It helps take my mind off the pain. LOL. I appreciate your comment.
Old March 9th 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 2/27/2015 10:04 PM, Ruth wrote:
Finished "Morning Song" tonight!!!! (twirling around, jumping up
and down. waving my arms in the air!!) Started August 26, 2014,
finished February 27, 2015. Six months almost to the day! Next
project, Heaven & Earth Designs "The Nativity". I'm sure I'll be
busy on this one for quite awhile.

Sorry, coming in a bit late on this thread...

Wow, congrats!!! I'm assuming this is the Lavender & Lace design?

The Nativity is an ambitious project! It's over 1, right?

If I may piggy-back on your celebration...

I finally finished stitching the advent calendar for the DGKs about the
middle of Jan. I have yet to put it together, though.

After that, I started in on my afghan. I bought the yarn in 2005 when
visiting my sister in WA. It's a bulky baby alpaca yarn. Didn't have
any idea what I was going to make with it, but I fell in love with the
yarn. A few years later I found the *perfect* pattern (a reversible
cable knit pattern...I like afghans that are reversible!) but then
started having grandkids to stitch things for.

I finally got to a point last year where I could start stitching it and
was doing a stitch-along with my sister. I knit the first skein and
realized I needed more yarn...3 if not 4 skeins. I emailed the company
and they said they discontinued that yarn but sent me a list of
companies they had sold it to. Four pages of addresses! Sooo I started
googling and emailing. I found one store that still had 2 skeins.
WooHoo! I then mentioned it to a coworker and she suggested
Ravelry.com. A lady there had one skein. YAAAAY! So, I started
knitting away.

Did I have enough yarn???? Yup! I finished it last week! I had about
20 feet of yarn left!!! lolol!

Now I'm crocheting a variety of crosses with the intention of giving
them to ladies at church. Not the best instructions, but I think I've
gotten them mostly right.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old March 10th 15, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 10:05:01 PM UTC-6, Ruth wrote:
Finished "Morning Song" tonight!!!! (twirling around, jumping up and down. waving my arms in the air!!) Started August 26, 2014, finished February 27, 2015. Six months almost to the day! Next project, Heaven & Earth Designs "The Nativity". I'm sure I'll be busy on this one for quite awhile.

Congratulations Joan!!! Yes, The Nativity is over 1 with 2 threads. Been working on it a week, got 900 stitches done so far, and it's just the first row of page 1! This one is gonna take awhile. It being over 1 I get to use the thread shorter than I would on any other project. It's also the first project I've ever decided that it would be in my best interest to graft the fabric first. Glad I did, sure makes it a lot easier. Keep on knitting!
Old March 11th 15, 04:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Ruth wrote:
Finished "Morning Song" tonight!!!! (twirling around, jumping up and down. waving my arms in the air!!) Started August 26, 2014, finished February 27, 2015. Six months almost to the day! Next project, Heaven & Earth Designs "The Nativity". I'm sure I'll be busy on this one for quite awhile.

Good for you!!!!

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

WIP: MLI Gathering of Roses as birth sampler
Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2015 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Old March 12th 15, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

And I finished Blue Ribbon Designs "Mischief at Midnight". And put it all together myself. Which for me was a real challenge!

Here's a link to the piece

http://www.123stitch.com/item/Blue-R...attern/13-2341

Pat in SJ
Old March 12th 15, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 3/9/2015 7:46 PM, Ruth wrote:

Been working on it a week, got 900 stitches done so far, and it's
just the first row of page 1! This one is gonna take awhile.
It's also the first project I've ever decided that it would be
in my best interest to graft the fabric first.

Yes, graphing definitely helps! On my bull elk I would have been lost
withing days if I hadn't graphed that! Keep up posted on your progress!

Old March 12th 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 3/11/2015 6:22 PM, wrote:
And I finished Blue Ribbon Designs "Mischief at Midnight".
Here's a link to the piece

http://www.123stitch.com/item/Blue-R...attern/13-2341

Very cool design! I've never seen anything like that. It must have
been a fun one to stitch and assemble. Congrats on the finish!