Eye lashes???

Old April 20th 12, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in Calif

Default Eye lashes???

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

How would you put 3-D eyelashes on your cross stitch project - it's for
a sleeping caterpillar. Just has to make you think "eye lashes"...
Wishing I had some black "fuzzy stuff" or Whisper

Cheryl

Turkey work. Snip the loops and comb them out.

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHICH
CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 3/18/12 -- Monogram by Rita Weiss

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
(also on Facebook)
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Old April 20th 12, 06:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in Calif

Tia Mary wrote:

Then again, how about using false eyelashes? You could trim
them to size and then anchor them with invisible thread or some black
floss. CiaoMeow ^;;^

I like that idea!

Old April 21st 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 4/20/12 9:17 AM, in article , "Cheryl Isaak"
wrote:

On 4/19/12 12:57 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
On 4/19/12 7:19 AM, in article ,

On 2012-04-19, Cheryl wrote:
On 4/17/12 5:57 PM, Sharon wrote:
On Apr 16, 5:49 pm, Cheryl wrote:
How would you put 3-D eyelashes on your cross stitch project - it's for
a sleeping caterpillar. Just has to make you think "eye lashes"...
Wishing I had some black "fuzzy stuff" or Whisper

Cheryl

That sounds like a really cute project Cheryl - hope you'll share
pictures when it's finished.

Sharon (N.B.)

will do - forgot to ask Margaret if she had any black Whisper

I do not have an whisper at all.
-Margaret in MA

Black what you're looking for????

yep!

Your pile, next to Joan's & now Sue H's is growing. Who else would like
one??? Some black whisper will be thrown in the heap - with the rest -
priority mail. Monday. For sure.

DH went with us today - after meeting an ANG friend & I for lunch - at a
place that had been on Diners, Dives & Drive-ins (or whatever that show is)
called La Caraquena - it was fabulous - very clean, great food, not pricey
at all, the owner served us - he also cooks - it's tiney. And, best of all
- a couple of blocks from LNS. DH then served as personal shopper for my
pal, helping her to much S.E.X. - well supervised by shop owner & myself.
But, something was selected for Cheryl - as they spotted it. We then went
to yet another LNS - driving the fateful route - albeit successfully this
time - and DH flashed his emergency lights so my pal would appreciate the
locations - hilarious of course - and she bought yet more stuff. I think if
Sheena & Gill assure me they're still stitching, hmmm - some little trinket
may also be winging towards them as well. I, however - only indulged in
luscious silk buying.

Old April 21st 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Old April 22nd 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default Stitching a Flower was Eye lashes???

On 4/20/12 9:07 PM, in article , "Cheryl Isaak"
wrote:
*snip*

locations - hilarious of course - and she bought yet more stuff. I think if
Sheena& Gill assure me they're still stitching, hmmm - some little trinket
may also be winging towards them as well. I, however - only indulged in
luscious silk buying.

I'm in suspense....

You'll like the trinket - it was still hiding in my stitchin' stuff today.
Now it's on your postal pile....DH & my pal Joyce did pick it out.

Ack - I'll post some picks on RCTNP tomorrow night when I get back from the
workshop. Right now I just got back, and am truly exhausted. I tried - to
stich. It is embarassing - I managed to lay a grid - finally - of the first
layer - of a 4 layer stitch of an upright trellis which I'm doing with 3
threads (not 4). Literally it took me 2 tries to realize that the pattern
diagram of over 14 was a sample, and she wanted me to do it over the entire
face of this flower, so the whole thing is compensated on all the edges -
one huge grid - keeping the pattern, just ignoring the count so to speak.
Meaning both teachers had to come by - part of the problem being I asked,
told Beth - teacher 1 that I would just lay the grid from the center &
compensate the edges - so she thought I understood - but I thought okay,
I'll do the first block of 14 by 14 & then establish a pattern & work
around. Whoops - so Suzanne looked & said ut -oh = conference - I just cut
out & wasted about 1/2 yard of silk, and then understood.

Took me a while to find a good start - the first layer is like laying a box
grid - all the vertical lines full height, then full width - spaced 4
threads between. So, imagine an open daylily face - that's essentially what
I'm stitching in a luscious deep kind of orangey-to rosey colos for that
layer. I think it's colled Holiday. So, all the N-S threads, then all the
E-W, and these pretty much are now all started & ended with buried little
pin-stitches (I hope) that will hide in either the leaves of adjacent
foliage or the grid filling. The grid is the most receding.

Next layer is a corner thing like scotch stitches sort of - over 2, over 3,
facing so that the center of each grid box will look like a diamond.
However, being a mush brain, it takes me a while to realize the diagram has
been compensated on the top row - duh. That layer is all done in 3 strands
of Fresh Raspberries in Belle Soie from Crescent... Yummmie. This will be
the most dominant I think, and has a good bit of variation down to some
paleness.

Then the center - which gives the dark but will recede behind the fuschia of
the raspberry Belle soie is either and upright cross or a regular X - they
alternate - done in 2 strands of Glorians Dark Cherry. It's not as
brilliant.

My tablemate cheered when I finally got the first layer of the grid in - it
looks pretty cool. The petals are all open - you're looking full face into
the flower, so the grid disappears & then reappears as I just went behind.
Which when I go to stith the surrounding areas - either the Parrot or leaves
or background (especially) will be a PITA as I'll have to slip that thread
in front of the darker flower - but it's okay. And when I finish, then I'll
just but the stamens/pistil stuff back on top with some surface thing - or
beads - yeah beads.

Old April 22nd 12, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 2012-04-19, Cheryl wrote:
On 4/17/12 5:57 PM, Sharon wrote:
On Apr 16, 5:49 pm, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

I am still stitching. Went into a major slump after stepson's suicide
last May. Felt totally BLAH. I have packed several projects to take with
me this summer (leaving on the 27th for several months)...and have a fun
item at the Framer for me to give to DD. Not a birthday thing...but I
cannot believe she will be 50 this week. heck, I don't feel any older
than that LOL.

Gill

Eye Candy anne Needlework 10 March 4th 09 05:10 PM
How about some eye candy? [email protected] Beads 2 July 7th 06 08:32 PM
A little eye candy Christina Peterson Beads 2 June 1st 06 10:42 AM
Eye Candy JoAnn Paules Beads 4 September 15th 04 06:23 PM
Some eye candy Su/Cutworks Beads 28 September 11th 04 05:16 AM