OT almost, special chocolate

Old February 3rd 11, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT almost, special chocolate

I'd never heard of that one so I tottered over to the shelf of Southern
Living cookbooks and, sure enough, there it is in '89. It adds that they
should be stored in an air-tight container. Yeah. Right. Like there would
ever be a need. Polly

"dealer83
I hope you are feeling better soon, Polly. If the chocolate fix
doesn't cure you, nothing will. My contribution is chocolate covered
cherry cookies, a cake type cookie with a cherry in the middle with
fudge frosting on top. mmmm.....all these suggestions are mouth
watering, aren't they? Donna

Old February 3rd 11, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hope everyone is feeling better. The different medicines I have been taking
these past 2 weeks have really helped me, but I still have some congestion
and coughing.
Barbara in Central FL, 66 degrees

Old February 4th 11, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_2_]

On 03/02/2011 20:26, dealer83 wrote:
On Feb 2, 10:23 pm, "Polly wrote:
I'm trying as hard as I can to recover from a brutal cold/flu/sinus/allergy
attack. May even have pyromania. I needed something that didn't take any
sense and have been assembling the wonderful sacks of " I Spy" that Susan
carefully cut and shared. DH says it looks like a mess. I forgive him
since he hasn't even threatened to put me out of my misery.
Food Network has gone chocolate crazy getting ready for Valentine's Day.
Today, Ina Garden was recommending adding a few spoonfuls of instant coffee
granules to brownie batter. She says it intensifies the chocolate. My
sister insists that a dash of cinnamon is great in chocolate. ( Ugh). I say
chocolate good stuff requires a pinch of salt.
Let's plan a chocolate party. Bring something. Want my fudge recipe?
Polly

I hope you are feeling better soon, Polly. If the chocolate fix
doesn't cure you, nothing will. My contribution is chocolate covered
cherry cookies, a cake type cookie with a cherry in the middle with
fudge frosting on top. mmmm.....all these suggestions are mouth
watering, aren't they? Donna

Recipe please? I love cherries and chocolate together.... and we're
finally coming to the end of all that carrot cake! We went with
Kimberley Graham's recipe in the end, doubled (minus the nuts and
raisins) and used my own cream-cheese icing recipe that I have had
forever and have no idea where it came from. We also had homemade,
handchurned banana ice cream with dark chocolate chunks.... then showed
the neighbour kids how to churn another batch ("summer fruits":
blackberry/raspberry/blackcurrant/redcurrant). Made lime jelly and
strawberry jelly at the last minute for the dairy-intolerant neighbour.
So we had loads of food and I think I have biceps of steel now.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old February 4th 11, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

Here is the recipe I have for Chocolate Covered Cherry cookies that Jo
requested. Polly, I think the recipe I have came out of a magazine
several years ago. I have it cut out and taped to an old recipe
card. Lots of signs of use on this one and I can vouch for the yummy
taste.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
(for these fudgy treats, you spread the frosting on the cookie before
baking, just be sure to use real chocolate and not imitation, as the
not-so-real product won't bake properly)

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
48 undrained maraschino cherries, about a 10 oz. jar
1 6 oz. package semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

In a mixing bowl combine flour and cocoa, set aside. In a large
mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer about 30 seconds
until softened. Add sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Beat until well combined and add egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in
the flour mixture.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press
down center of each ball with thumb. Drain the maraschino cherries,
reserving juice. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie. In a
small saucepan combine the chocolate pieces and the sweetened
condensed milk and heat till the chocolate is melted. Stir in 4
teaspoons of the reserved cherry juice.

Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the frosting over each cherry on the
cookies, spreading to cover the cherry.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until done. Makes 48
cookies. Enjoy!
Old February 4th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_4_]

On Feb 2, 10:23*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I'm trying as hard as I can to recover from a brutal cold/flu/sinus/allergy
attack. *May even have pyromania. *I needed something that didn't take any
sense and have been assembling the wonderful sacks of *" I Spy" *that Susan
carefully cut and shared. *DH says it looks like a mess. *I forgive him
since he hasn't even threatened to put me out of my misery.
* * Food Network has gone chocolate crazy getting ready for Valentine's Day.
Today, Ina Garden was recommending adding a few spoonfuls of instant coffee
granules to brownie batter. *She says it intensifies the chocolate. *My
sister insists that a dash of cinnamon is great in chocolate. *( Ugh). I say
chocolate good stuff requires a pinch of salt.
* * Let's plan a chocolate party. *Bring something. *Want my fudge recipe?
Polly

I hope you feel better soon. DH had a viral infection and then
pneumonia. His lungs are clear now, but now he is trying to get his
stamina back. He has been sick since January 6th! I'm just glad that
he was able to stay out of the hospital. His oxygen level was very
good, and that was what kept him out of the hospital. The doctor told
us this week that is would probably be at least 2 more weeks before he
had regained his strength. He feels good, but gets tired if he just
goes in the car while I run in the library or the store for a few
items. I'm in Garland, TX and it hasn't been above freezing since
Tuesday, and now we have 6 inches of snow on top of the ice. It is
pretty.
Old February 5th 11, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 03/02/2011 18:06, Kate T. wrote:
Chocolate pie. The old fashioned kind that Mama used to make with
home made filling and real merangie. Darn can't spell today but you
get the idea. You know the white stuff of top of a pie made with egg
whites then browned under the broiler. Or home made chocolate fudge
with walnuts. Or chocolate cake with whipped icing, or chocolate ice
cream with almonds, or hand dipped chocolates.

I like 'merangue' As kids we used to pronounce it phoenetically:
merring-gew.

How about a Mississippi Mud King Cake with all that chocolate
filling. Home made cocoa with marshmellows.

Polly got your chocolate buzz on yet.

I got your stuffed up nose and I'm hidden under a towel over a bowl
of hot water. Got a big box of tissue so I blow my brains out in a
little while.

Kate T. South Mississippi

I offer up my chocolate pie with cinnamon crust, Chocolate Whiskey
Cheesecake, chocolate Birthday Cake (a Madeira cake with cherries in, a
marzipan insulation layer, and a final coating of Belgian dark choc on
the outside, like armour!), and the Nigella Bouche de Noel recipe...

I have a little of my stash of Scharffen Berger chocolate to add to the
cooking, and about a pound of Belgian chocolate drops, so there is no
danger of suffering from cheapo chocolate rash! For those who do
not think the USA can make good chocolate: http://www.scharffenberger.com/

I too am recovering from a head/chest cold of monumental proportions,
with coughing fits that almost turn me inside out! Thus I was awake at
five this morning, up by quarter to six, and have put a load in the
washer, one in the dryer, made two vats of soup (leek and potato with
chicken, and a Weight watchers Pumpin, apple and ginger), and done the
mountain of hand-cranked washing up! Two pressure cookers and all the
stuff that either cannot go or won't fit in the dishwasher.

Need to finish tidying the sewing spaces and make up the guest bed...
Friend comming for the day to make a sacque gown, and staying over to go
visit MiL in hospital down on the coast tomorrow morning.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 5th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Chocolate is a cure for almost anything. I keep some little Tootsie
Roll midgees around. They can be put in the mouth to let dissolve
slowly, which helps me to not over-indulge. And 13 of them are only 4
points for WW

Our trial on right now includes two very sick attorneys trying to put
on their case. That is for the Plaintiff. The coughing and hacking and
nose blowing is rude, intrusive, and hopefully won't spread to
everyone else. I was sorely tempted to hand out masks to everyone.

Ginger in CA

On Feb 2, 8:23*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I'm trying as hard as I can to recover from a brutal cold/flu/sinus/allergy
attack. *May even have pyromania. *I needed something that didn't take any
sense and have been assembling the wonderful sacks of *" I Spy" *that Susan
carefully cut and shared. *DH says it looks like a mess. *I forgive him
since he hasn't even threatened to put me out of my misery.
* * Food Network has gone chocolate crazy getting ready for Valentine's Day.
Today, Ina Garden was recommending adding a few spoonfuls of instant coffee
granules to brownie batter. *She says it intensifies the chocolate. *My
sister insists that a dash of cinnamon is great in chocolate. *( Ugh). I say
chocolate good stuff requires a pinch of salt.
* * Let's plan a chocolate party. *Bring something. *Want my fudge recipe?
Polly

Chocolate Chantilly--is chocolate off topic? nzlstar*[_2_] Quilting 4 June 5th 08 06:04 AM
OT chocolate Kay Ahr[_2_] Quilting 6 December 31st 07 10:00 PM
CHOCOLATE Karen C - California Needlework 2 February 7th 07 08:13 PM
FS: Special Offer: Books on crochet, needlepoint, plastic canvas, mixed needlework, etc, shipping special also... marilyn safier Marketplace 0 January 16th 05 10:49 PM
OT-Chocolate Lucille Needlework 1 May 29th 04 02:54 PM