Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

Old November 27th 10, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Default Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

Polly, is the Wounded Warrior project the same as Quilts of Valor or is it a different organization?
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On 11/27/2010 10:18 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Blame it all on too much turkey or Black Friday sales. My reader didn't pick up Jenn's posting of my Hunter's
Star quilt at all. First, it doesn't like Sunny and now Jenn.
Anyhow - if you're in the same lala land I am, when you have time, come Happy Dance with me. When the weather
warms up, we'll get on our galloping horses and ignore the missed points.
While you're there you'll get distracted by her precious QI Barnaby. I'm told he is not nearly so adorable as
at 4 am when it's Happy Hour.
The quilt for Wounded Warriors is at http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
Polly

"Rita L. in MA" wrote in message ...
Hanne wrote:

Hanne in DK

Rita officially beat me by one minute :-)

LOL I think that distance had something to do with that :-)

Rita
--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)

Old November 27th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That turned out great. You survived the repitition
and it was well worth it. Thanks for Jenn's help sharing it. I think that
quilt just moved up a few notches on my 'to do' list.
TAria

Old November 27th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I think it's on my list, too, Taria. DH looked at the picture of Polly's and said, "That's similar to one
you've made, isn't it?" I said no, to which he replied, "Don't you think you should?" I guess that's telling
me he likes it. Maybe I'll have to just make him one of his very own!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old November 27th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

i posted a comment on webshots. It sure looks like a difficult
pattern.
Red & Whites are one of my favorite combos. Is that a new fabric line?
Lovce it. Great job Polly! and thanks Jenn.

amy in SoCal
Old November 27th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Wounded Warriors was just a general term. Specifically, I chose Soldiers'
Angels after searching a few years ago for the most direct way to hug a
wounded military hero. Soldiers' Angels has an APO address and the quilts
don't have to be routed around like the other support organizations seem to.
If you might want to see how you can help, look around at
http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?...ankets-of-hope
Polly

"Louise in Iowa"

Old November 27th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I didn't get Jenn's posting either, but that's nothing new. There are
several people whose messages I don't get! Polly, the quilt is
gorgeous.....so bright and fresh looking! I love it!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old November 27th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

This was my first time to piece with a big print. My better judgment
warned, " You wouldn't!" and my fearless self said, "Watch me". I had no
clue how it would go but it did keep me from dying from repetition. I have
the attention span of a 2 year-old. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." How yummy! The large print makes it so
much more interesting than the
often seen solids and small prints. I LOVE it! And Small Dresses is
going to be adorable!

Old November 27th 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Now you see, Pat, why I feel like I'm off the hamster's wheel. All four
Christmas tree skirts are done plus this one. Don't be anxious about 2
weeks without a roof. It's been 5 years since Hurricane Katrina and there
are still folks here doing quite well without roofs. They just anchor a
heavy tarpaulin over everything and apparently it holds nicely. Polly

"Pat S" wrote in message
Thanks for the amended link, Hanne!

And thanks Jenn for showing us the latest Polly quilt.

It is gorgeous, Polly; and the separate red and white quilting is
certainly inspired. That red rose fabric is so beautiful. The red rose
is England's floral emblem you know!

Old November 27th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh, yes, I did see immediately! You have really been beavering, haven't
you!

And thank you for the reassurance about the roof. I believe I Will get
quite familiar with the appearance of tarpaulin g
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Now you see, Pat, why I feel like I'm off the hamster's wheel. All
four Christmas tree skirts are done plus this one. Don't be anxious
about 2 weeks without a roof. It's been 5 years since Hurricane
Katrina and there are still folks here doing quite well without roofs.
They just anchor a heavy tarpaulin over everything and apparently it
holds nicely. Polly

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old November 28th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Nov 27, 9:31*am, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
I think that it is a wonderful quilt! *The extra work involved of
using both red and white quilting threads were worth it - perfect
choice. * If you look closely at the full view photo of the Hunter
Star quilt, there is a teaser of another quilt project showing -
'small dresses' from a Fons&Porter pattern - Enjoy the photos.
jennellh *http://community/webshots/com/user/barnyowl

It's strikingly beautiful. I love the larger print also...it adds a
whole new visual dimension. Congratulations, Polly, for creating such
a beauty! Donna

New 'Herding Cats' photos from Polly Jennifer in Ottawa Quilting 30 October 2nd 10 05:16 PM
Polly's new baby quilt photos Jennifer in Ottawa Quilting 39 June 12th 10 12:54 AM
Polly's Quilt Kate T. Quilting 14 June 28th 08 04:05 PM
Help hunter's star Joanna Quilting 2 August 10th 05 07:08 AM
Update on Hunter's Star quilt Sandy Foster Quilting 21 August 3rd 05 05:39 PM