What to do next?

Old April 22nd 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default What to do next?

On Apr 21, 6:00*pm, Gillian Murray wrote:

Joan, the way you are working so hard for the baby.....are you sure it's
not twins or triplets............or Heaven help all Octuplets?

LOL! Yup...I've seen the photos! About a month ago, DS & DIL brought
a "4-D" picture of the baby. *Really* cool!

Kidding aside this new little person will be wrapped in love, thanks to
Granny, Nana or whatever you choose. It is a very lucky child to be born
into such a loving family environment.

She not only will be getting blankets from me, she's also going to get
one from her GGma! The baby shower this weekend should be lots of
fun.

BTW how wide are the blocks? I mean what sort of stitch count are you
looking for. I have a lot of old kiddy charts, and might be able to help.

They're 24 wide and 22 high, so something in the 20x18 range or
smaller. I'm looking for something *relatively* realistic and not so
much "baby-ish". Something along these lines:
http://crossstitch.about.com/od/patt...ly---Color.htm
or
http://hobbyloco.com/XSpatterns1.html I'm doing the fish, panda,
duckling, and nesting bird (with some minor changes) from this site.

Any help in finding a decent cat pattern would be *very* much
appreciated!

Joan
Old April 22nd 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Joan E. wrote:

...snipped....
Any help in finding a decent cat pattern would be *very* much
appreciated!

Joan

You're looking for a cat pattern and you didn't ask MOI??? I haven't
been following this thread but you post was the only one showing up so I
looked at it. Now, tell me more about the cat pattern you need, OK?
You can e-mail me if you want and, just in case you didn't know, I have
a BAZILLION cat patterns -- LOLOL!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old April 23rd 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Joan E." wrote in message
[...]

You might try googling but IIRC there ain't no such thing as a *decent cat*
pattern!!!
You might want to try taking the best photo of cat (not very easy) that you
can. Assuming the photo is of a NUDE cat you could contact Jim and hope that
he can turn the photo into a chart for you. He might want you to send him a
couple of hundred photos in order for him to pick out the best one.

Best of Luck!!!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old April 23rd 10, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/23/10 6:53 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:00:05 -0500, "Fred" wrote:

Any help in finding a decent cat pattern would be *very* much
appreciated!

Joan

You might try googling but IIRC there ain't no such thing as a *decent cat*
pattern!!!
You might want to try taking the best photo of cat (not very easy) that you
can. Assuming the photo is of a NUDE cat you could contact Jim and hope that
he can turn the photo into a chart for you. He might want you to send him a
couple of hundred photos in order for him to pick out the best one.

Best of Luck!!!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

You little devil you Fred - now I have to find paper towel to clean
the monitor lol

I am so glad I didn't read to the bottom of Fred's post until I finished my
tea!

Cheryl

Old April 23rd 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 4/23/10 6:53 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

[...]

There's an old Oriental saying -- something like "He who dislikes the
cat was in his former life a RAT" Fred fits the bill on that one
especially since he's full of hot air, along with a bunch of other stuff
that we won't talk about but he's so full of it his eyes should be DARK
brown :-).
I'm still waiting to hear from Joan about cat design particulars.
She must be at work, actually doing some work -- LOL! JOAN -- e-mail me
about this whole cat design thing. If I have something suitable, I can
put it in with that crib sheet I found under a stack of kimono silks!!

Old April 23rd 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Apr 23, 1:00*am, "Fred" wrote:

You might try googling but IIRC there ain't no such thing as a *decent cat*
pattern!!!

PBLTTTTTT~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'm a pet-encompassing kind of girl...I like
cats *and* dogs! I'd have a cat, except DH is like you.

You might want to try taking the best photo of cat (not very easy) that you
can. Assuming the photo is of a NUDE cat you could contact Jim and hope that
he can turn the photo into a chart for you. He might want you to send him a
couple of hundred photos in order for him to pick out the best one.

LOL! I'm willing to make my own pattern (had to do that for a horse
pic, too), if I have to, so I don't think I'll need to bother Jim with
it.

How's Casey doing? Haven't heard much about him lately!

Joan
Old April 26th 10, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Apr 23, 7:55*am, Tia Mary wrote:

* * I'm still waiting to hear from Joan about cat design particulars.
She must be at work, actually doing some work -- LOL! *

PBLTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly, it was too true! lololol

Joan