Does this mean I am creative??

Old August 16th 05, 11:20 PM

good grief lady!
i can STILL see the walls!

its clear to me you just aren't TRYING to clutter up your sewing
room.....

and what about the ceiling?

there's still plenty of room to hang stuff from it......

sheesh-novice........

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are
they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be
filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed
are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the
peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."
(Matt. 5:5-9)
=A0 Inspired

Old August 16th 05, 11:42 PM
~KK in BC~

rof lmao

oooooooooh I like the way you think!!!

~KK in BC~ considering hanging a design wall from the ceiling????

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

wrote in message
good grief lady!
i can STILL see the walls!

its clear to me you just aren't TRYING to clutter up your sewing
room.....

and what about the ceiling?

there's still plenty of room to hang stuff from it......

sheesh-novice........

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are
they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be
filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed
are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the
peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."
(Matt. 5:5-9)
Inspired

Old August 17th 05, 05:11 AM
Quilterin

ahhhhh, and the problem is where???

Uschi
who will NOT take a picture of the livingroom/quiltroom right now, no,
definitely not!
http://community.webshots.com/user/quilterin101

~KK in BC~ schrieb:

or just plain messy........

http://community.webshots.com/album/424489035kPfEyB

Keep in mind this area is a whole 5 feet wide and 7 feet long .

I don't know what happened! Just woke up this morning and someone has made a
total mess of my sewing area!! I KNOW it had to be gremlins or some such
because there is NO way I could have done this!!! Right? huh? right???

Today is clean up the mess day. Finish cutting up my scraps. Finish the
binding on that quilt. Finish taking out the garbage. Finish putting the
patterns and foundations where they belong. Finish washing the picnic
flannel blanket. Finish sorting the scraps and finish folding up the stash
and stacking it back up so I can actually see what I have........ what you
don't see is the bolt of trolls and the two half bolts of muslin and the
other three battings and the bag of must have magazines and tools that are
in the kids lounging area!!

~KK in BC~ hoping she isn't alone in her creativeness???? and if she is....
OHHHhhhhh how embarrassed she is now!!!!!

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Old August 17th 05, 02:55 PM
KD

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie (both to quilting and the ng) tho I have been lurking for a
short while...I just have to comment here tho as I've just finished sewing
for the evening and was wondering why it's always gotta be such messy
business and was wondering if I was the messiest person on earth when I
stumbled upon this topic and must say it bought a smile to my face.
I even invested in a sewing cabinet last week and was so excited when it was
delivered thinking that I was going to get totally organised...WRONG!!! If
there's a way to be tidy whilst being creative then I'd love to know how!!!
Kerry

Old August 17th 05, 04:46 PM
NightMist

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:35:51 GMT, "~KK in BC~"
wrote:

or just plain messy........

My dear, there are three clear signs any one of which are indicative
of a need to clean the sewing room.

1) you can't get to a work zone because of the clutter on the floor.
2) the dust bunnies have gone rummaging through your FQs and stolen
some for curtains in the tote they have set up housekeeping in.
3) You come in and find your dress dummy making it's own clothes on
your sewing machine, and they are not according to the pattern you
just finished cutting in the kitchen because there was no room to cut
in the sewing room.

NightMist
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old August 17th 05, 05:13 PM
marbles_2

I was talking at work about how I have a million ideas in my head while
I'm in the midst of a project (and would be starting all of them and
never finishing anything if I listened to that creative voice), and
then when I've finished I'm never really sure what to do next. A
co-worker said I should have a card file. My daughter and I burst out
laughing!!! How in the world could I ever keep an organized card
file??? I'd have to be stopping all the day long to write things down
and which category would they be in?? I'd be buried in cards that never
ever make it to any filing system. I have enough trouble with fabric
and thread and tools and projects and books.....

But.......

I think that chaos sparks creativity and as long as I'm happy doing
what I do, how can I ask for anything else? Let the organized folk do
their thing, I'll do mine.

If I can't find room for my sewing machine, I just take over another
table in the house. I'm on the dining room table right now doing the
final machine quilting. Kitchen table has my fabric scrap bins and
tools, and laundry room has everything else. Sometime before our next
house party in December I will get it all back into some kind of order
in the laundry room and start again after the holidays. )

Old August 17th 05, 05:17 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Welcome, Kerry!
(I did not say Welcome to the Jungle!
or Welcome to the MadHouse!
You'll find out soon enough. G)

As a Casual Housekeeper and
Full Time Quilter, I leave the major cleaning for
the day before Dan-the-bug-man comes to spray the
house, every 3 months. If things pile up too much
between times, we invite some people to come over
for a visit, which pushes us to create a white tornado that
clears the immediate clutter. g

Of course, if I concentrate on my quilting I can ignore the
mess going on around me. Often I have NO idea how
the rooms got to looking that way; I'm sure *I* am not that messy.
Just Casual. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--quilting in the a/c in north Texas

Old August 17th 05, 05:35 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Ah, you know how it is, B-fly,
I can't stay in one room to quilt; my quilts travel.
My sewing machine travels, altho' its favorite place is
the dining room. The dining room's connected to the . .
kitchen! The kitchen is connected to the . . t.v. room!
The t.v. room's connected to the . . bathroom!
and so it goes... G
2 favorite quilter seats in the front living room, comfy chair,
comfy sofa, 1 comfy quilter seat in the t.v.room
(back living room/den/whatever) perfect for quilting.
You definitely don't want to emulate the way I do most things g,
even the neighbors shake their heads and wonder, "What the h#LL
is she doing now?!!?"
Last week a backhoe came over and dug up sewer line in the
front yard; I'm re-growing grass there, now; this week Dan-the-bug-man
asked, "Whose body did you plant in the front yard,
someone who said you have too much fabric?" VBG
This month I'm quilting a client's beautiful quilt top; she will have
to show pictures when she's ready.
The Kaffe Fassett fabric went happily into a top that went On Hold
while I waited for the Glorious Color Shop to send some of their
perfect fabric to Finish this top. What a pleasure to do business
w/ these people; what I wanted (#30-Custard, shot cotton)
was not on the web page; I called, the nice young man said they
had plenty in stock, told me how to add it to my order, and 3 days
later the pkg. was in my hands! Love it!!!
So, B-fly, what's next?

Ragmop/Sandy--quilting around the a/c

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Just what are you sewing around the house? Is this the inside or the
outside of the house? And what color(s) are you using this time?
Is this something you are doing when you aren't quilting?
Curious minds and all that--do we want to emulate what you are doing or
just shake our heads and say "there she goes again"

Butterfly (blame it on the Vit B-12 shot--I'll be better tomorrow--at
least they were putting something IN instead of being Vampire; )

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Is this a problem? G

KK, what is that box sitting on the counter to the right of your iron,
between the clock and the window? Could we have a close-up, please?

As for the rest of it, well, I'm so busy looking at that box
I don't see much else.

Ragmop/Sandy--sewing around the house ;-D

Old August 17th 05, 06:04 PM
Butterfly

Taking a break from figuring out where each 1 1/2" strip will go on the MI
Pillow top made out of other BIL's ties........it's Marcia Hohn's MI pattern
with a Snoopy pix in the middle and state map of TX in the 4 corners...yes,
they ARE ties : ) She lives in TX and summers in MI....
Have 2 of 4 of the other BIL ties pillows MQ'ed

Butterfly (better today--not as 'goofy feeling')

m...

Old August 17th 05, 07:46 PM
Patti

Welcome Kerry
I don't think "while" us possible. The most I can manage (occasionally)
is "between".
Glad that you de-lurked and spoke up.
..
In message , KD writes
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie (both to quilting and the ng) tho I have been lurking for a
short while...I just have to comment here tho as I've just finished sewing
for the evening and was wondering why it's always gotta be such messy
business and was wondering if I was the messiest person on earth when I
stumbled upon this topic and must say it bought a smile to my face.
I even invested in a sewing cabinet last week and was so excited when it was
delivered thinking that I was going to get totally organised...WRONG!!! If
there's a way to be tidy whilst being creative then I'd love to know how!!!
Kerry

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill