Does this mean I am creative??

Old August 16th 05, 05:35 PM
~KK in BC~

Default Does this mean I am creative??

or just plain messy........

http://community.webshots.com/album/424489035kPfEyB

Keep in mind this area is a whole 5 feet wide and 7 feet long .

I don't know what happened! Just woke up this morning and someone has made a
total mess of my sewing area!! I KNOW it had to be gremlins or some such
because there is NO way I could have done this!!! Right? huh? right???

Today is clean up the mess day. Finish cutting up my scraps. Finish the
binding on that quilt. Finish taking out the garbage. Finish putting the
patterns and foundations where they belong. Finish washing the picnic
flannel blanket. Finish sorting the scraps and finish folding up the stash
and stacking it back up so I can actually see what I have........ what you
don't see is the bolt of trolls and the two half bolts of muslin and the
other three battings and the bag of must have magazines and tools that are
in the kids lounging area!!

~KK in BC~ hoping she isn't alone in her creativeness???? and if she is....
OHHHhhhhh how embarrassed she is now!!!!!

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Old August 16th 05, 06:08 PM
Kate Dicey

~KK in BC~ wrote:

[...]

Creative. I have a 12 ft by 10 ft room that looks worse than that - and
is NOT helped by having 2 dressmakers dummies wandering about in there
too! I just packed up six crates of fabric to try and help ease the
mess, to no avail. Can't work in there at the moment! Caused by heaps
of bridesmaid stuff and an explosion in the quilting fabrics while I was
looking for a border fabric for a nearly finished top... I ended up
packing up all the bigger bits in a crate in the loft, so I have room in
my basket drawers for the WIP's and FQ's! I also had to stash my
Elizabethan court gown stuff so I can put away all the boning and
horsehair braid and tape and the like! I may need another box for
James's stash...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 16th 05, 06:16 PM
M Rimmer

In message HBoMe.181810$9A2.55230@edtnps89, ~KK in BC~
writes
or just plain messy........

http://community.webshots.com/album/424489035kPfEyB

Keep in mind this area is a whole 5 feet wide and 7 feet long .

I don't know what happened! Just woke up this morning and someone has made a
total mess of my sewing area!! I KNOW it had to be gremlins or some such
because there is NO way I could have done this!!! Right? huh? right???

I'm not following you. What is supposed to be wrong with it? Looks
pretty normal to me.
--
M Rimmer

Old August 16th 05, 06:42 PM
Anne in CA

Doesn't look too-oo bad to me ~KK. I think if that pink quilt on the
chair were removed, it would look pretty neat. So, in the interest of
rctq fellowship, just send it on down to me and I'll put up with the
clutter of having it in my house. Addy in directory.

[attn begging teachers: how did I do??]

)O( Anne in CA )O(
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Old August 16th 05, 06:47 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Is this a problem? G

KK, what is that box sitting on the counter to the right of your iron,
between the clock and the window? Could we have a close-up, please?

As for the rest of it, well, I'm so busy looking at that box
I don't see much else.

Ragmop/Sandy--sewing around the house ;-D

Old August 16th 05, 06:52 PM
~KK in BC~

no close ups allowed eg I know how that works! close ups and then stash
poof gone! LOL

That box is chock full of charms and FQ's. That is one of those.... one of
these days I will use them kind of boxes.
Only the special stuff hits that box. The stuff that is for that 'special'
quilt. The FQ's that I cannot bear to cut and some pieces that are for
fondling only!!! Special box for special stuff !!

~KK in BC~ who will prolly have that box full of stuff till the day she dies
cuz its so damn special.

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Old August 16th 05, 06:53 PM
~KK in BC~

Very nice!!! I give you a B- on that beg! G

~KK in BC~

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Old August 16th 05, 07:03 PM
Georg

~KK in BC~ wrote:
or just plain messy........

http://community.webshots.com/album/424489035kPfEyB

Keep in mind this area is a whole 5 feet wide and 7 feet long .

I don't know what happened! Just woke up this morning and someone has made a
total mess of my sewing area!! I KNOW it had to be gremlins or some such
because there is NO way I could have done this!!! Right? huh? right???

You still have floor space and room to work. Don't worry about it. Heck,
you can fit more shelves in there.

-georg
noting location of stash for future raids.
Old August 16th 05, 07:17 PM
Jessamy

it looks normal to me... I don't start to worry till it's a lot worse

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Pat in Virginia

You are not alone KK! This morning I woke up real early and
thought I could quick stitch binding to the current WIP. I wanted
to spend my quilting bee time doing the hand stitching. Then I
remembered that I had not yet actually cut the binding. So I
dashed (okay hobbled) to the sewing room. I was absolutely
gobsmacked to discover that 'someone' had left patterns, fabric,
scraps, cutters, trolls, pins, note books, and other clutter all
over the cutting station. Needless to say, I could not get the
binding cut, pressed, stitched before the quilting bee. It was a
lovely get together, but I spent the time cutting appliqués for
my friend. Had I been on top of things, I'd be way ahead on my
quilt. Guess what task is now my priority?
TTFn, PAT in VA/USA
PS: I really like that brass box you have, over near the window.
Is that a stash treasure chest?

~KK in BC~ wrote:

or just plain messy........

http://community.webshots.com/album/424489035kPfEyB

Keep in mind this area is a whole 5 feet wide and 7 feet long .

I don't know what happened! Just woke up this morning and someone has made a
total mess of my sewing area!! I KNOW it had to be gremlins or some such
because there is NO way I could have done this!!! Right? huh? right???
...cut...