OFF TOPIC: Quiet Neighborhood?

Old August 17th 05, 10:15 PM
Cheryl

I wouldn't go quite that far but I was not happy to have them in my roof
back in Melb or in the Blue Mtns. The sneaky little devils actually had a
door there! they would lift a tile, get into the roof, and slide the tile
back in place. You could hear them going in and out. The landlord had to
get the whole roof re-pointed to fix the problem.

But I did have one little fella with three legs who came and sat on my back
fence at sundown every night hoping for a little fruit. Being lame he was
obviously finding it a bit hard. I must admit I did sometimes throw him
something. But that was in the National Park, not in the suburbs. I also
got regular visits from owls, cockatoos, parrots and 'roos, not to mention
the snakes and spiders (funnel webs and red backs)..

I feel a little sorry for the critters trapped in big cities. There are so
few safe places for them. But I cannot bring myself to encourage them to
breed and become pests.

--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
0 ~ ~ (Enness still

catsatararat (YAHOO msgr)

A large number of electrons were
terribly inconvenienced to send this -
at least read it.

"NightMist" wrote in message

Hee Hee!

I have a friend who hates possums.
He calls them 'giant filthy greasy tree rats'.

NightMist

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:51:43 GMT, Maureen Wozniak
wrote:

Possums are cute? Ours look like giant rats. Guaranteed to scare me

when
one runs out in front of my headlights at night.

We've had them living under our porch occassionaly. Fortunately, the

cats
have been smart enough to leave them alone.

Mauren

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:24:47 -0500, Cheryl wrote
(in article ):

Something to bring a smile after your harrowing ordeal - related to

things
We didn't ROFL (uniforms, dignity, all that) but did laugh hard. The

noise
was the sound of Possums - small Austn marsupials, sometimes regarded

as a
pest but cute to look at - racing around the rooftops and calling. It

was
probably the height of their mating season! Anyway he went off and

looked
them up in a book and then caused even more laughter - "can my

girlfriend
cuddle them - they look so cute?"

Only if you want to loose a finger, mate?

Glad your intruder came and went with no damage!!

--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole

Old August 18th 05, 02:59 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Possums are so cute and have the finest downy fur. When we lived on our
farm in Powell, MO we had a baby left after our dogs killed it's Mommy. It
ate dog food with the dogs until it grew up and moved away. It would play
dead and we would rub it's tummy. It liked it so well it would roll over
and present it's belly every time it saw us.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
lobal.net...

Not entirely off topic Louise Quilting 5 May 30th 04 02:07 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
Good Idea? (on topic ramblings) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 December 11th 03 08:44 AM
Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 September 9th 03 01:30 AM
off topic relief and on topic progress Queen of Squishies Quilting 17 August 19th 03 04:03 AM