cat toys, etc.

Old February 12th 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

Default cat toys, etc.

Has anybody priced cat toys and accessories recently? I'm giving a
home to a lovely cat very soon, and went shopping for some basics, and
was stunned at how expensive the wee little yarn toys are these days!
So I came home, got out a sack of miscellaneous balls of leftover
yarns, and made several. I needed to get a "pet taxi" and found them
ranging from $15 to almost $80! I got an inexpensive plastic one, but
almost choked over the price of pads for the bottom, and skipped
buying those. Again, I rummaged through what I already own, and made
two. One is made of leftover plain white flannel, with 7 layers of
leftover quilt batting, and tied with yarn. That made a nice soft pad
just over an inch thick. The other is a quilt made with leftover
fabric and one layer of leftover batting, and I did that on the sewing
machine. (I recently got a Singer Featherweight and am still in the
"practice" mode, so this was a practice piece.) I'm not a total
cheapskate with pets and always make sure they have proper vet care
and premium food, but I try not to be a complete fool buying other
things. Comparing the prices of the things I didn't buy and the
"prices" of what I made, I saved over $100. Sheesh!
Old February 13th 09, 06:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

Mary wrote:
[...]

What is a "pet taxi"?

--
== Not nuts, just a little eccentric ==
Old February 13th 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

A pet taxi is a rectangular plastic box with air holes around the
sides, a handle at the top, and a door or gate at one end to put a dog/
cat/ferret in and take to and from the vet, etc. They come in various
sizes. Some people call them "pet carriers" or "travel crates".
Old February 13th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

Mary wrote:
A pet taxi is a rectangular plastic box with air holes around the
sides, a handle at the top, and a door or gate at one end to put a dog/
cat/ferret in and take to and from the vet, etc. They come in various
sizes. Some people call them "pet carriers" or "travel crates".

Ah, thank you. I call mine a cat basket. And for the dogs I use a
leash. :-)

--
== Not nuts, just a little eccentric ==
Old February 13th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

"pecan" wrote in message
Mary wrote:
A pet taxi is a rectangular plastic box with air holes around the
sides, a handle at the top, and a door or gate at one end to put a dog/
cat/ferret in and take to and from the vet, etc. They come in various
sizes. Some people call them "pet carriers" or "travel crates".

Ah, thank you. I call mine a cat basket. And for the dogs I use a
leash. :-)

--
== Not nuts, just a little eccentric ==

I call mine a cat carrier (even though one of them is meant for a small to
mid-sized dog).
Sometimes it's just easier to get the animal in a large container, and the
container is easier to seat belt in so it doesn't slide around. Also, if
two need to go, there's enough room for them to be comfortable, if they stop
squabbling. ;-)
--
Carey in MA

Pet Toys nana2b Quilting 11 May 26th 12 02:56 AM
New QI!!! and dog toys Charlotte Hippen Quilting 24 August 15th 06 07:34 PM
crochet toys? Marie Yarn 5 June 30th 04 01:36 AM
Christmas Toys Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 16th 03 01:39 PM
Christmas Toys Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 16th 03 01:38 PM