A Block

Old September 10th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
sonnynreno

Default A Block

Ok, this is my first time posting, so don't beat me up to bad. I am
having a design block. How
do I get out of this situation? What are the Fall colors I should be
looking at? Any help would be greatfully appricated.

Thank you
Sonny

PS
Sonny is a Guy

Old September 10th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

I look at fashion sites to get colour inspiration. A trip to the
library is good for design block, I browse the fine art and design
sections, looking at various art movements and usually it wakes up my
creativity.
Marisa

Old September 10th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

hi Sonny!
When I get those moments, I go to the pictures books of all kinds at the
library. Art books, historical photos, childrens illustrations....and also
get outdoors. Look at rocks, plants up close, pretend you havent a clue what
any of it is and stare at the structure and color parts.
have fun!
Sarajane

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

ps.com...

Old September 10th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Okay, everybody -- GET SONNY!!!!!!!!! (baseball bats a-whirling)

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Old September 10th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Sonny -- go to this website and look around at all the links. You'll
get lost, but you'll (probably) come out alive.......

The Links List:
http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist.html

Inspiration & Creativity section:
http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslis...#Inspirational

`````````````````````````

Old September 10th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Hey, Sonny. I don't pay any attention to "fall colors" because I make
what I want, not what I want to sell! LOL. But since you are male
(likely more logical) just Google fall colors -- you will get more
information than you ever wanted.

And for inspiration, I go to Ebay. If the pieces selling in the
artisans category don't do it for me, I do a search for vintage jewelry
and bask in the wonders of years past.

Sometimes, when we can't create, it is because we need a break. It
will pass.

Becki

Old September 10th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Sonny, eradicate "should" from your vocabulary when it comes to colors.
Work with the colors you love, and it will be beautiful to others,
too.

````````````````````````````````````

Old September 11th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

sonnynreno wrote:
Ok, this is my first time posting, so don't beat me up to bad. I am
having a design block. How
do I get out of this situation? What are the Fall colors I should be
looking at? Any help would be greatfully appricated.

Thank you
Sonny

PS
Sonny is a Guy

Go to the store and buy the September issue of "In Style" magazine,
it will tell you all you wish to know about the Fall clothes and
colors. Then sit down and design something to go with one of the
outfits.

Patti

Old September 11th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Patti, that's a great suggestion and made me think.

The magazines I use for inspiration are Vogue, which is a riot of
thrills (the editorial pages *and* the ads) -- plus Beadwork, and Bead
& Button (which has gotten better lately). I used to use Victoria, but
they're defunct.

Anyone else use mags as inspiration?

`````````````````````````````````````
Patti wrote:
sonnynreno wrote:
Ok, this is my first time posting, so don't beat me up to bad. I am
having a design block. How
do I get out of this situation? What are the Fall colors I should be
looking at? Any help would be greatfully appricated.

Thank you
Sonny

PS
Sonny is a Guy

Go to the store and buy the September issue of "In Style" magazine,
it will tell you all you wish to know about the Fall clothes and
colors. Then sit down and design something to go with one of the
outfits.

Patti

September BOM! [email protected] Quilting 6 September 1st 06 02:47 PM
August Block of the Month - posting for Danielle - it's early! Cappy Quilting 18 August 12th 06 11:25 PM
EQ5 Users Debbi Quilting 5 October 5th 05 04:46 AM
Repost - Taking signups for the 3rd round of the Harry Potter block swap! Johanna Gibson Quilting 0 June 14th 05 12:34 AM
Now taking sign-ups for the third Harry Potter block swap ! Johanna Gibson Quilting 0 June 8th 05 05:46 PM