june 6x6 from ELS arrived to my summer place!

Old August 17th 05, 02:07 PM
Aud

Default june 6x6 from ELS arrived to my summer place!

What a beautiful surprise!
The parcel, which had gone by train and ship to Norway, I guess,
came to my summer place!
I was able to send a "thank you"-mail to Els,
via cell phone Internet connection.
But as the connection was very "tardy", I never got to the news group.

BOTH of the squares were home spun!
Silk, sari silk + silk ribbon!!!!
Two different qualities of yarn; one turquise, one red.
Two different pattern! VERY nice and VERY special!
I want to say THANK YOU so all RCTY can hear it!!

In addition, I got a pretty "knitting pretty" calendar,
which now is on the wall beside my desk,
AND a very interesting and nice magazine
with many beautiful articles about embroidery, some with patterns,
and also a knitting pattern.
No wonder that to mail this parcel from Canada to Norway by plain,
would have been extremely expensive!!!!

I had to show it to my sister and SIL, and all handicraft lovers who
visited me!
they were all impressed of Els' work and what else I had got from
Vancover Island,
and also impressed about the 6x6 idea!

AUD ;-)))

Old August 18th 05, 01:22 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

Aud, how nice that the parcel made its way to your summer home. Well it
certainly took a long time to get there. Remember some time ago, where a
bunch of us were traveling by viking ships and canoes all over the place
to meet one and other...LOL. I think that my parcel must have gone that
way. Anyway I am so glad you got it and like it all. It is fun to play
Santa in the middle of the year....LOL Piecework is a great magazine.
Ask Mirjam, she subscribes to it. The last one for instance is all about
lace. Knitting lace, bobbin lace, embroidered lace etc. The calendar was
a sale item in a little local store, in Mill Bay. With so many months of
the year gone by, calendars for 2005 are not very good sale items. But
the knitting on this calendar is fun so it still made a very nice gift, at
a very good price...LOL

greetings and a big hug from Vancouver Island

Love

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old August 18th 05, 02:19 AM

Hi Aud,

I've marked my June list that you received your squares from Els.

Hugs,

Nora

Old August 18th 05, 02:25 AM

Hi Aud,

Just went to mark my list and so no one gets confused it was your
squares for May that you received from Els.

Hugs,

Nora

Old August 18th 05, 01:01 PM
Aud

skrev i melding
oups.com...
Hi Aud,

Just went to mark my list and so no one gets confused it was your
squares for May that you received from Els.

Hugs,

Nora

LOL! No Nora, Katherine has just made her appology
that she has not sent May squares,
but, you know, they will come, and Els' were June's! ;-))
AUD ;-))

Old August 18th 05, 07:18 PM

Aud wrote:
skrev i melding
oups.com...
Hi Aud,

Just went to mark my list and so no one gets confused it was your
squares for May that you received from Els.

Hugs,

Nora

LOL! No Nora, Katherine has just made her appology
that she has not sent May squares,
but, you know, they will come, and Els' were June's! ;-))
AUD ;-))

Hi Aud and Katherine.

Well, I guess my lists are wrong as I have Els for May and Katherine
for June, but who cares, you got the ones from Els.

Hugs,

Nora

Old August 18th 05, 08:15 PM
Aud

Hi Aud and Katherine.

Well, I guess my lists are wrong as I have Els for May and Katherine
for June, but who cares, you got the ones from Els.

Hugs,

Nora

SORRY, Nora! You are quite right!
MY fault!I remembered wrong, I checked it!!
Hugs,

Aud ;-))

Old August 19th 05, 04:37 PM

Hi Aud,