71 reasons to buy fabric

Old September 2nd 04, 02:57 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Default 71 reasons to buy fabric

I just saw this on another group that I'm in and just had to share. It's
got me laughing so hard it hurts!

Babs

--------

71 reasons to buy fabric:

It insulates the closet where it is kept.

It helps keep the economy going. It is our patriotic duty to support
cotton farmers, textile mills and quilt shops.

It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care.

"Oh, it's not for me! I'm buying it for a friend!"

My cat/dog needs a fresh, new pile of fabric to sleep on and roll around
on at least once a week.

Because it's on sale.

Okay, it wasn't on sale, but by the time it was, all the god stuff would
be gone.

A sudden increase in the boll weevil population might wipe out the
cotton crop for the next ten years.

I'm participating in a contest--the one who dies with the most fabric wins.

It keeps without refrigeration, and you don't have to cook it to enjoy
it. Also, you never have to feed it, change it, wipe its nose, or walk it.

I need extra weight in the trunk of my car for traction on snowy, icy
roads. This is important, even in Florida and Southern California as you
never know when the weather will change.

Because I'm worth it.

It's non-fattening. It has been confirmed by registered dietitians that
a fat quarter has 100% fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae.

I am working on building a complete collection.

Like dust, it's good for protecting previously empty spaces in the
house, like the ironing board, the laundry hamper, the dining room
table.....

It's a medical test to see if your husband is still alive. If he is, a
fabric purchase will make him start fussing about more fabirc in the house.

When the Big Earthquake comes, all the quilt shops might be swallowed
into the ground and never seen again.

Because it's there.

It's prettier than salt and pepper shakers.

It won't break.

A strong interest in fabric purchases will leave you no time to spend in
the pool hall or out stealing hubcaps.

It's much cheaper to cover the floor with fabric than new carpeting, and
you can change the look more often.

the devil made me do it.

Stress from dealing with the Fabric Control Officer (my husband) made me
do it.

It's the only remotely artistic thing I've ever done.

If all else fails, you can use it for cleaning rags.

I might set up my own fabric shop and I'll need a starter inventory.

To keep the bed from falling down--we all know that most quilters store
part of their fabric under the bed.

To save a beautiful fabric design for posterity. They might stop making
it, and it would be lost to the world forever.

Neighborhood children might need just the right color for a scavenger hunt.

I need something new for show and tell party games.

My friend has more variety than I do and I have to keep up with her.

Because I can't live without it.

It fights the empty nest syndrome--my youngest child is getting married,
so I have another empty room to fill wtih fabric.

Because this fabric just talks to me and calls my name.

It comes in whatever size or quantity you want.

It's important to invest in cotton futures.

I'm too old to have sex. (this was suggested by a quilters husband.)

I have new shelves for fabric storage, and if I don't fill them up, they
won't look right.

They get angry when you steal it.

It will go with some I bought last year.

It's so pretty, and I'll use it some day.

I want my daughter to have a proper inheritance.

Well-known medical fact: prevents washing machine withdrawal symptoms on
light laundry days.

Keeps the people who make cardboard inserts in bolts of fabric employed,
thus supporting the national economy in yet another way.

Assists the little birdies with their nests when scraps, threads, and
little whispies are allowed to blow in the wind.

Opens up new opportunities for curators and quilt show judges to ply
their skills.

Ophthalmologists recommenjd quilting to support the sagging eye glasses
industry.

Without fabric I would have nothing to do with my rotary cutter and my
mat and my sewing machine and my iron and my thread and my needles and
my quilting books.......and my time!

I'm setting a good example for my children.

There's just one more piece I need and I'll know it when I see it.

Buy it now, before you husband retires and goes with you on all your
shopping expiditions.

Someone else has cornered the market on hog bellies.

It does not promote tooth decay.

Nobody told me not to.

It's raining (sleeting, snowing, hailing, thundering, sun's too hot?)

It's not immoral, illegal or fattening.

It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul, and makes me feel good.

Buy it quick before all the good stuff is gone.

Surgeon General says "Ten yards a day keeps the blues away."

Step 32 of Master Plan to drive husband crazy.

Everybody else does it.

"Oh what a feeling!"

A yard a day is all the quilt shops of America ask

If you don't buy it now, you may never see it again.

If you don't buy it, my husband won't have anything to complain about.

It was awful!! I was trapped in the quilt shop, and the only way out was
to buy my way out!!

Unless my fabric stash is reasonably impressive, people might think my
family is destitute, and my children would be embarrased.

A large fabric stash is the sign of a creative mind.

I owe myself a reward for that 1/2 pound I lost last month.

"Because I dont' have it yet!"

Old September 2nd 04, 06:40 PM
Debra

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:57:31 -0500, David & Barbara Schmidt
wrote:

I just saw this on another group that I'm in and just had to share. It's
got me laughing so hard it hurts!

Babs

--------

71 reasons to buy fabric:

Here's a few more I thought up!

72. Stacks of it soundproofs our apartment from the apartment next
door.
73. Next time we move we can pack all the breakables without using
any newspaper, so there won't be black smudges on anything when we
unpack.
74. I wanted to make a computer cozy (or tool box cozy) for you,
dear.
75. If we run out of clean towels we can use it to dry off after
bathing.

Debra in VA
Old September 2nd 04, 08:09 PM
Polly Esther

"They get angry when you steal it" was the one that made me laugh. Too many
years associating with criminals I suppose. Polly

Old September 3rd 04, 04:57 PM
C & S

Thanks for the laugh!

Carole, Champlain NY

quilt shops in NY Terbear Quilting 8 April 6th 04 08:41 PM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Qsnaps vs. Scroll which is better? morendorff Needlework 18 February 12th 04 03:08 AM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM