Meet Up

Old March 10th 11, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

Default Meet Up

What a delight our Hanne is! I had the opportunity to meet up with
Hanne, one of her fellow teachers and a group of students they are
travelling with here in the US. Hanne originally was told her group
needed more chaperones and I agreed to help her but then the places
she was visiting told her there was no need. We agreed to meet up
anyway and what a treat it was. We all met at Ellis Island so the
students had an opportunity to learn more about immigration. They
came from the NY side and we came from the NJ side and we met at the
Island Museum. What a great place. If you've never been and have the
opportunity, it is a must see. The time we all alloted was not nearly
enough. DH and I didn't get a chance to spend much time with the
students but they were a delightful group. We toured the facility
with Hanne and her teaching partner and had a grand time. After
Hanne's group left to go back to NYC DH and I decided to go to the
Statue of Liberty since we were there. We did not go inside the
statue as you need to book tickets for that in advance. And by the
time we got there late afternoon it was quite windy and chilly but I'm
glad we took the time. We will definitely go back to both places when
the weather is a bit warmer.

Hanne and her group have quite a busy schedule for the week plus they
will be here. One of their stops is to visit the Watson computer -
I'm very jealous! They will also be touring Princeton University
tomorrow. That's only around the corner from me and I don't know if
their schedule will permit another meet up then but I hope so.

This is the second RCTQ'er I've had the opportunity to meet...last
year Bronnie and now Hanne. It's such fun to be able to put faces to
names. Here's hoping for more meet ups in the future.

And to wishing Hanne's group doesn't have to spend too much time
outdoors getting from one lecture/visit to another today with our
expected 4-5 inches of rain!

Kim in NJ

meet up maryd[_3_] Quilting 3 October 12th 08 06:34 AM
Meet Up maryd[_3_] Quilting 3 June 15th 08 05:02 PM
UK meet up? Bronnie Quilting 20 August 27th 05 02:36 PM
going to NY, meet-up? Terbear Quilting 4 June 15th 05 06:28 PM
another meet-up Don/Gen Quilting 1 April 18th 04 01:09 PM