what is everyone working on?

Old January 6th 05, 06:44 AM
Jalynne

My muse is taking a break from beading, because it's just too cold. My hands are
developing arthritis, and where my beading desk is (and no, I can't move it) just
gets too darn cold to do anything that requires precision. I expect to figure out a
way around this, but it'll take some time..a week or two.

In the meantime, I've been working on some quilts that I'd put off doing from lack of
energy and space. The week between Christmas and New Year's, I cleaned out my
basement room...got rid of a LOT of junk...and made it a workable space. So...now I
have a place to play, just got to find a way to warm it up a little bit. Quilt-wise,
I'm working on 5 at once. 1. a Winnie the Pooh twin size and 2. a pink ballerina
themed twin size for DD, 3. a sunflower themed log cabin lap quilt for my best
friend, Honey, 4. a snuggle sized Veggie Tales quilt for Honey's son (dd's best
friend), and 5. a queen sized double nine patch in Amish solids that I've been
working with off and on for 3 years now (it's all hand pieced, and every stitch in it
will be done by hand as a challenge to myself.).

We started homeschooling on Monday, after a month's break for performances and the
holidays, so that takes up a good portion of my time, too. Trying to fit it all in
again is rather tricky, but we're managing, and determined to get everything done
that needs doing.

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Beadseeker" wrote in message
I've been taking a break from designing, but will get back to it as soon as my
Soft Flex order arrives. I'm curious - what projects is everyone working on?
I'm planning on doing more healing bracelets with breast cancer pink ribbon
charms and donating 10% of the sales to the Susan G. Komen foundation, as I did
before Christmas. I'm also working on a glass order, it's so hard to decide
which colors to order, from Bullseye, I got a gift certificate for my
birthday.
Also, I'll have some sale dichro pendants up on my website. Have some cobalt
marquis pattern ones left over from a special order. My scanner has been acting
up.
I also will be doing another lampwork necklace using Susan Burwash's
pink-mauve beads. I sold the other one and have had several requests for
others.
That's what is going on here. Where is your muse taking you?
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old January 6th 05, 06:45 AM
Mystified One

ah, yes. But what fun it is to pick up some great lampwork beads and let
your imagination go wild with somebody else's art!

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Christina Peterson"
:

]No lampworking for me. It requires too much space, equipment and time.
And
]worse, too much co-ordination. The learning curve is significant too.

seconded!!!!!!!

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old January 6th 05, 07:06 AM
cas

yeah .. ok .. I believe that note to self: don't look at ANY web sites from
J and Di over the next few days - they're up to something! - if I didn't
have beads taking up all my time I'd be able to use up all that quilt stash
and wool stash and empty the house out so it'd be clean for the first time
ever. I s'pose it does keep me from killing the neighbours from hell though
so it is keeping me out of gaol.

cas
http://users.tpg.com.au/cas68/

"Jalynne" wrote in message
nk.net...
Why, you're so very welcome, cas. We just knew you needed something to

occupy your
free time, and knew beads would just fit the bill. We just love you so

much.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"cas" wrote in message

I've been working on earrings and spiral rope necklaces and bracelets

until
last night, when certain people who have so many ideas to corrupt me
suggested I share pics of them, so I had to spend the entire night and

day
redoing my web pages.
Never trust people with lots of "brilliant ideas" and don't believe them
when they tell you that you really need to look at certain websites

(thanks
Di for pointing out Kalera's latest pics! now I just need to rob a

bank!!!!)
Next project, apart from finding where to get some silver casting tools,

is
going to be some stitch markers from beads to use in my knitting, as

long as
Di and J don't come up with any more brilliant ideas for me.
cas
http://users.tpg.com.au/cas68/
(latest projects on the Jewellery page)

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I'm working on shaking a cold and making a quilt while I ponder the

choices
for a SJ kimono lady... and other things.. so.. the muse is busy, the

tired
body is trying to rest.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 6th 05, 11:22 AM
Linda2

"vj" wrote:

ooooooooooooooooooooh - pictures???????????

I'll take some with my 35mm. Can't promise when they'll be up. I'll take
some of our booth at the fest as well.

Linda2

Old January 6th 05, 12:21 PM
Diana Curtis

Glad to be of help. The last thing we want is for you to spend the best
years of your life languishing in prison. Unless.........hmmm.. would they
let you take your beads with you?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 6th 05, 07:33 PM
Jalynne

DH bought me two cookie sheets last night, because i'd thought of that suggestion you
made to me a while back. I have a couple of vellux blankets that i can cut up and
use in the sheets.

Energy? what's that? Aleesha and I are both coming down with colds. I just plod
along....
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Jalynne"
:

]where my beading desk is (and no, I can't move it) just
]gets too darn cold to do anything that requires precision. I expect to figure out
]way around this, but it'll take some time..a week or two.

and THAT is the reason for the cookie sheet i take to the recliner.
and then things build up around the recliner until i go on 'put it
back binge' the first time i can't find something.
then i start the process over again.

but your quilts are to die for!
i wish i had your energy!

Old January 6th 05, 08:02 PM
Diana Curtis

I wonder if something like basting spray or artists mounting adhesive spray
would make the vellux less likely to slip on the metal? My cookie tray
wouldnt let butter slide on it, thats the downside of using it for cookies.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
ink.net...

Old January 6th 05, 08:37 PM
Jalynne

I guess for non stick ones, that would be a good idea. These happen to be the
"disposable" ones, anyway, and the bottom is bumpy, so it seems not to matter.
Still....it'll be a while before i can get to beading. I just remembered that I have
a date with some dolphins....
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I wonder if something like basting spray or artists mounting adhesive spray
would make the vellux less likely to slip on the metal? My cookie tray
wouldnt let butter slide on it, thats the downside of using it for cookies.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
ink.net...

Old January 6th 05, 09:16 PM
Christina Peterson

WOW

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm working on:
~Valentine's Day jewelry with all the various hearts I've saved up
(from vintage sterling silver to polyclay and more).
~various earrings for people I know.
~three different embellished bracelets for others I know.
~a new embellished bracelet that I'm developing into a class I may
teach.
~a visual journal.
~collages.
~small assemblage shrines.

~ Sooz

Old January 6th 05, 10:01 PM
Dr. Sooz

I know -- it's more than I'd done in the last 5 years *combined*.
KLUNK

~ Sooz

Working time Mothwoman Beads 44 September 15th 04 03:46 AM
Working with Boro starlia Beads 7 August 22nd 04 04:00 PM