Quilty Christmas

Old December 27th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Default Quilty Christmas

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:07:06 -0800, Marcella Peek
wrote:

What quilt related things did you get for the holiday?

I got a gift bag that contained six fat quarters, three packs of
sewing machine needles (the size and type I used for paper-piecing,) 5
rotary blade replacements for each of two different sized cutters, a
package of the smaller size quilters' safety pins, and six spools of
Signature variegated thread.

I have a strong feeling that I'm going to be getting a late gift of a
quilt calendar, too, because I get one from the same person every
year, but I haven't gotten anything yet this year.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old December 27th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Two books: "Adoration Quilts" by Rachel Brown and "Mastering the Art of
McTavishing" by Karen McTavish. Both of them loaded with ideas. I'm
looking forward to watching the DVD that came with the McTavish book.

A subscription to "Love of Quilting" magazine

A gift certificate for a massage (not really quilty, but nice for after
an extended session of quilting

Julia in MN

Marcella Peek wrote:
What quilt related things did you get for the holiday?

I got a tripod to help me with quilt picture taking ;-)

The new AQS quilt calendar.

A book on Italian floor tiles as quilting inspiration.

marcella

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 27th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tamara

I got an antique double wedding ring quilt. I just love it. Also got a
quilting calendar and a renewal of a quilting magazine.

Tamara

Old December 27th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

wrote:

What quilt related things did you get for the holiday?

I got the eight pack of assorted sewing machine feet and a $30 gift
certificate at Clotilde.

I also got a pair of cheetah print magic slippers.
I have no idea how I have managed to get ay sewing done without a pair
of cheetah print magic slippers.

NightMist
also got a button that says "I (heart) being awesome"

--
Come to the dark side.
We have cookies.
Old December 27th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

No. It's a book that she recommended when she spoke at our guild
meeting. The book is called _Italian Pavements, Patterns in Space_.
Lots of photos of floors in there as well as sketches.

I skipped her workshop at guild (I just couldn't make myself do two days
of paper piecing, which I hate) but everyone just loved her as a teacher
and we've had a couple projects show up at show and tell already.

marcella

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Is that the Norah McMeeking book, Marcella?
I bought it, too. It looked as if it had some construction hints that I
might be able to use when doing the four quilts for my Cathedral
(Bristol) floor).
I have looked through it several times; but I'll be able to tell more
when I have fabric in front of me g - as usual.

Old December 27th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irrational Number

Marcella Peek wrote:

What quilt related things did you get for the holiday?

From DH: I got a Jan Krentz's diamonds (!!!), the
Jinny Beyer "Patchwork Puzzle Balls" book (!!!),
thread, and a gift card to Joann's. I can't wait
to start diamond quilt and make some quilty balls!

From one of my best friends: a magazine subscription

-- Anita --
Old December 27th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

I got two bundles of 10 fat quarters and a bundle of ten 1m lengths, all in
nice bright colours. Then there were also some little things like threads,
needles, a Clover ring thread cutter (never seen one of them before),
bobbins etc. DH did very well. :-)

Just before Christmas, I bought myself the EQ6 upgrade and "Carol Doak
Teaches You To Paper Piece", because "I deserve it" (as they say), so I have
lots of new goodies to play with. :-)
--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Old December 27th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh no! Not another one 'out there' to tempt me gg
..
In message , Marcella
Peek writes
No. It's a book that she recommended when she spoke at our guild
meeting. The book is called _Italian Pavements, Patterns in Space_.
Lots of photos of floors in there as well as sketches.

I skipped her workshop at guild (I just couldn't make myself do two days
of paper piecing, which I hate) but everyone just loved her as a teacher
and we've had a couple projects show up at show and tell already.

marcella

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 27th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

wrote:

What quilt related things did you get for the holiday?

Some fat quarters and a calendar with a different block for
each day of the year...now THAT would be an ambitious
project!

I hope you all had lovely holidays!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old December 27th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Leigh Harris" wrote:

I got two bundles of 10 fat quarters and a bundle of ten 1m lengths, all in
nice bright colours. Then there were also some little things like threads,
needles, a Clover ring thread cutter (never seen one of them before),
bobbins etc. DH did very well. :-)

Just before Christmas, I bought myself the EQ6 upgrade and "Carol Doak
Teaches You To Paper Piece", because "I deserve it" (as they say), so I have
lots of new goodies to play with. :-)

Leigh, if you're going to start paper piecing, you might want to join
Carol Doak's Yahoo group, where there's lots of support and fun stuff
going on. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/