Recycling

Old August 1st 05, 01:01 AM
Stephanie

Default Recycling

wonder what they'll become.

Me too. It sounds like you have gotten some cool treasures.

Old August 1st 05, 08:24 AM
bluemaxx

COOL beans! I'd love to see the Fire Opal... only saw 1 once before
and that had a lot of Matrix, also. (heh... I capitalized matrix
because of the movie...) But I love the way the fire opal glows
inside of the stone it's trapped in.

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
: I've got cabs.
:
: Because we have no garbage pick up, we have to go to the
dump/transfer
: station several times a week. And at the transfer station there's a
: platform to bring give-away not throw away stuff. There are always
lots of
: people looking. It has the same sort of appeal that snooping
through an
: attic has. And there are always a few misfits that hang out there.
And my
: husband is one of these people who is always fascinated by
alternative
: views. He talks to these guys, gives them cigarettes or whatever.
And they
: will sometimes come up with strange offerings.
:
: The latest is some stones. Some in better conditions than others,
and all
: with price tags on them. A very rough chunk of amber about 3" x 1"
x 3/4".
: No idea how to work it. A rounded triangle cab of quartz with
native copper
: about 1 1/2" x 2" in quite good condition. A very nice somewhat
oval
: pietresite cab about 30mm x 20mm. A high domed cab of Mexican fire
opal in
: Matrix about 15mm x 10mm. Arizona Azurite 30mm x 40mm freeform
triangle.
: The rhodochrosite triangle cab is about 30mm x 50mm -- beautiful,
but it has
: some scratches and also the nature of the stone makes it a little
pitted.
: There are also 4 oval cabs, 22mm x 30mm that I'm pretty sure are the
ruby
: part of rubyzoisite, but it could be just a lower grade of ruby --
like C or
: even D. The ruby is pretty rough and has pitting as from a porous
material.
: It doesn't have green in it (like rubyzoicite), but has black areas.
:
: So anyway, I've got cabs. Don't know what to do with them yet.
I've never
: made a peyote bezel before, though I've done plenty of other peyote
work.
: And they're bigger than most elements I've chosen to work with
before. I
: wonder what they'll become.
:
: Tina
:
:

Recycling a quilt David/Karen Garza Quilting 8 June 1st 05 04:10 PM
Recycling... Kringle Glass 3 November 1st 04 12:51 PM
Recycling tips : ) Shirley Shone Beads 6 August 22nd 03 09:01 PM
Recycling tips? Mousehunter ``'@o- ,,. Jewelry 1 August 15th 03 02:31 AM
Recycling Pat Kight Rubberstamps 7 August 13th 03 10:41 PM