Guild charity activity

Old June 16th 05, 01:03 PM
mauvicem

Default Guild charity activity

After the Tsunami disaster back in Dec. We hit upon having an in guild
raffle monthly with quilty things.....so far a set of unfinished blocks
brought $58.....hand made greeting cards $60....An unfinshed quilt top left
from one of the sleepover quilt a thons $95......this month was a quilt rack
which brought $66 and now the donor gets to select the recipient of the
cash, this month it was Hope Lodge....This in-guild raffle was my idea
actually, and I am proud to say it has become a highlight for the guild
meeting....Really generous offerings and generous folks have made it a
hit....I felt there are so many of us who have quilty gadgets, gizmos, UFOs
etc....that languish on the shelf it would be a great way to donate to many
different causes and also do a little house cleaning...
Also this month the two recipients of our guild scholarships were there to
accept their scholarships...We choose one young and one non-traditional(who
are getting younger every year to my eyes)

Old June 16th 05, 01:14 PM
KJ

So does your guild get a gambling license? We have to get one through the
state before we can raffle off the quilts we make prior to our quilt shows.

Old June 17th 05, 01:38 PM
Susan Laity Price

Each month someone from our guild donates a raffle basket. Sometimes
it is a handmade item other than a quilt such as jams and jellies
combined with a pretty dish towel and a trivet; a hand painted plaque;
hand dyed fabric; or a pretty dish garden. Other times it is quilt
related stuff like a collection of fat quarters. Tickets are $1.00 and
the drawing takes place during the meeting. Each year we choose a
charity and send all the raffle basket money to that one charity. It
has been a fun way to help a cause and good way for members to
show-off their other talents besides quilting.

Susan

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:03:37 GMT, " mauvicem"
wrote:

[...]

Guild Newsletters On-Line Kathy Quilting 37 February 19th 05 06:04 AM
Guild Quilter of the year mauvicem Quilting 2 December 22nd 04 11:15 AM
Sister Guild Tamara Quilting 2 January 19th 04 10:44 PM
eQuilter Charity Special, Ricky Tims & Jinny Beyer Paul Rubin Marketplace 0 December 9th 03 08:01 PM