?s on photograpy of jewelry

Old December 28th 04, 06:55 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Default ?s on photograpy of jewelry

are there any fool proof tricks to taking good pics of jewelry? I will be
using my good digital camera for now, my 35 mm Pentax is broken until i can
afford to fix it...

I know to use diffused light and/or morning light, and i will most likely
lay the pieces on some good felt. should i make a tent of white around
them? what else?

Kellie
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/berger....net/my_photos

Old December 28th 04, 07:35 PM
Diana Curtis

http://www.lampwork.net/order.html#AWebsite has some great tips for taking
good pictures and then directs you to the links list and bead notes pages
for more information. Its a good starting place.
HTH
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
m...

Old December 28th 04, 10:21 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I use 2 cheap clamp-on shop lights with daybright bulbs and foamcore pieces
for front and rear bounces.

Here are some good articles on bead/jewelry photography:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/16432/483/
http://www.stayfocusedphotoclub.com/...hotography.pdf
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/10237/214/

Old December 29th 04, 10:29 AM
Jim Moore

Hi Kellie:

This is a simple solution to your problem. It costs about $90.00.
I also made one and it was a hassle. I''m lazy.
The EZ cube works perfect.

http://www.ezcube.com/

Jim Moore
www.terrafirmabeads.com

Old December 29th 04, 01:41 PM
Tinkster

This is on my "want" list. Has been for some while. So what size did
you get?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:29:28 GMT, "Jim Moore"
wrote:

Hi Kellie:

This is a simple solution to your problem. It costs about $90.00.
I also made one and it was a hassle. I''m lazy.
The EZ cube works perfect.

http://www.ezcube.com/

Jim Moore
www.terrafirmabeads.com

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Old December 29th 04, 08:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

Tink, won't your backers get that simple item for you? You should ask
'em.