OT - Excel question

Old April 23rd 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default OT - Excel question

Is there some way to make the sheets in a workbook sort themselves
alphabetically within the workbook?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
Remember that when you leave this earth,
you can take nothing you have received,

Old April 23rd 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Excel 2002

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 23rd 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

2002 -- does that mean MAC? I'm working on an answer -- but I'm a PC
person -- so we'll have to see if it will work in MAC world. Does Mac Excel
use VB?

--
Kate in MI

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Excel 2002

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 23rd 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Oh, no, sorry. I have Windows XP Office, with Excel 2002.

Do you use Yahoo IM? That would make things like this a little easier.
Just curious.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 23rd 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

I found this answer:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.aspx

You can use Alt - F11 to open the VBEditor. I am NOT very familiar with
this but am contacting a friend for help...

Old April 23rd 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Yes, you explained it very well! I have 34+ worksheets though, and didn't
really want to do it manually every month. I'd like to be able to sort,
print, and put back where they were. My envelopes print alphabetically, and
my invoices print chronologically. It's doable right now, but when there
gets to be upwards of 50 invoices, it sure would make the sorting and
stuffing of the envelopes a lot easier!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
Remember that when you leave this earth,
you can take nothing you have received,
but only what you have given.

The only way that I know is to manually sort them. You can left click
on the worksheet and then place the worksheets alphabetically. A blank
page will show when you place the mouse cursor over the worksheet. Keep
the left click down until the worksheet has moved.
I hope I explained this right!
Regards
Jennifer
Edmonton, Alberta

Old April 23rd 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Wow, very impressive! I don't understand a word of it! LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 23rd 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
badboy

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Is there some way to make the sheets in a workbook sort themselves
alphabetically within the workbook?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
Remember that when you leave this earth,
you can take nothing you have received,
but only what you have given.

There's a Data action dropdown on the action bar. In the Data dropdown
there is a Sort... action. When this is selected it launches a pop-up
window that asks you which column you would like to sort first on and
whether it should sort Ascending or Descending. Lastly, if you utilize the
first row as a header row, then select that option.

There are other "Advanced" options you can select in the Options page, but
these are things like Days of week or Months and sort left - right instead
of top - bottom.

--
badboy