A big thank you!

Old October 27th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default A big thank you!

I HAVE to repost my thank yous to everyone who posted such lovely comments
about my shawl. I guess because I've been working on it for a while, and 2
false starts, I've become a little jaded on the work. When I looked at it,
I didn't see it in the same way. Your wonderful comments brought a few
tears to my eyes.

That's the great thing about the craft community - you all appreciate the
work that goes into a project. I'm not sure a non-knitter(crocheter) would.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart!

Shelagh

Old October 27th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
busyknitting

On Oct 27, 2:59 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
I HAVE to repost my thank yous to everyone who posted such lovely comments
about my shawl. I guess because I've been working on it for a while, and 2
false starts, I've become a little jaded on the work. When I looked at it,
I didn't see it in the same way. Your wonderful comments brought a few
tears to my eyes.

That's the great thing about the craft community - you all appreciate the
work that goes into a project. I'm not sure a non-knitter(crocheter) would.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart!

Shelagh

Sounds like you just hit a little slump and now you are at the
rewarding part!!! Karen in MI

Old October 27th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:59:19 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

snip
I'm not sure a non-knitter(crocheter) would.
snip

Shelagh

Oh yes a crocheter does Shelagh! (lol). Having made two moebius(es) (is
the plural moebiuses or moebii, I wonder?) I do appreciate the work that
goes into making a fine shawl like that which is at least four or five
times the size of the lace things I made. I think you are a wonder with
the beautiful work you do.

--
Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
Old October 28th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Oct 27, 2:59 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
I HAVE to repost my thank yous to everyone who posted such lovely comments
about my shawl. I guess because I've been working on it for a while, and 2
false starts, I've become a little jaded on the work. When I looked at it,
I didn't see it in the same way. Your wonderful comments brought a few
tears to my eyes.

That's the great thing about the craft community - you all appreciate the
work that goes into a project. I'm not sure a non-knitter(crocheter) would.

Shelagh,
Anyone who did not appreciate that gorgeous shawl would have to be a
total Philistine.

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 28th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Shelagh i looked and was SPEEEEEEEECHLES ,, which is very unusual
for me !!!
mirjam

Old October 28th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
I'm not sure a non-knitter(crocheter) would.
snip

Shelagh

Oh yes a crocheter does Shelagh!

no no, I meant a person who DOESN'T crochet. I crochet too and I
know people who crochet understand. Sometimes my words don't
come out right (grin).

Old October 28th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Phew! I'm glad we cleared that up then (lol). By the way, any suggestions
on the plural for moebius? :-)

Old October 28th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Oct 28, 10:46 pm, Bernadette wrote:
By the way, any suggestions on the plural for moebius? :-)

My guess is moebi, as in the plural of focus is foci. But that really
is just a wild guess. The word is german is it not? My high school
german did not give me sufficient skill to deterine if this is the
correct plural in this case.

Old October 28th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:44:39 +0000, Vintage Purls wrote:

On Oct 28, 10:46 pm, Bernadette wrote:
By the way, any suggestions on the plural for moebius? :-)

My guess is moebi, as in the plural of focus is foci. But that really is
just a wild guess. The word is german is it not? My high school german did
not give me sufficient skill to deterine if this is the correct plural in
this case.

Thanks for trying VP. I've had no luck at all despite searching the
web because it looks as though both (or either) are acceptable.

I asked my other half, Robin, (who did Latin at college) and he says
moebii would be unusual and rather old fashioned because most people would
go for the "moebiuses" option in modern language.

There is a Thuridilla moebii which is a type of sea slug but on various
blogs the preference seems to be to call them moebiuses.

Maybe I'm just being pedantic but I would like to know the proper word -
even if I have never any occasion to use it in future.

--
Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
Old October 28th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Bernadette wrote:

Thanks for trying VP. I've had no luck at all despite searching the
web because it looks as though both (or either) are acceptable.

Have you tried an unabridged dictionary? I have a suspicion that if you
do, you will find that "moebius" is an adjective and will not have a
plural form in English, but I am not sure.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.