picture of my idea - help

Old October 16th 04, 07:44 AM
Glen Sayers

Default picture of my idea - help

Here are some pics of my cardboard mock up. Any suggestions would be
appretiated.
Cheers
Glen

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~ga.../dollhouse.htm

Old October 16th 04, 10:14 AM
Carol

"Glen Sayers" wrote in message
Here are some pics of my cardboard mock up. Any suggestions would be

Nice job on the baby!

The house design looks good but I suggest that you save it for when she's
older and build something simpler and quite a bit larger for when she's
little so she can enjoy it. Take a look at a playscale size house and use
those dimensions and keep the design simple. I found out that playscale is
1:6 which would also be called 2" scale. Here are examples of houses in
playscale http://www.indianasampler.com/Playscale%20Series.htm

My only comment on the house is that I think it has too many windows and
openings which will make decorating difficult.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old October 16th 04, 10:44 AM
Glen Sayers

Thanks
I thought about droping some of the windows. Especialy at the back as one of
the items I wanted in the house was a piano.
Oh wow, just looked at your furnishings and put in a bookmark.
Cheers
Glen

Old October 16th 04, 06:11 PM
John Fowler

Hello again

Here are a couple of things to think about when you are planning for
your dollhouse.
First are you building the dollhouse for your daughter to play with, or
do you want her to have a show piece house that is a collectors dream
but may not be able to be played with.
If you are making a play house. make it as rough and tumble as possible.
You may bring up your daughter respecting her dollhouse, but her
playmates may not have the same respect.
If you want to build her a family heirloom, look into what is available
locally, in terms if finishing materials, then make you window and door
opening fit what is available.
The last thing I would say is, when building a dollhouse, make it as big
as you can. Unlike a real house, you won't be selling it to get more
space after a few years.

Have fun

John Fowler
The Little Dollhouse Company
1-888-763-8966
www.thelittledollhousecompany.com
Old October 19th 04, 01:07 PM
Paul

"Glen Sayers" wrote in message news:1097919915.529325@ftpsrv1...
Thanks
I thought about droping some of the windows. Especialy at the back as one of
the items I wanted in the house was a piano.

Our range of miniature pianos and musical instruments:
http://www.dollshouse.com/asp/redire...hecode=L_MUSIC

We also stock children's dollhouses too - they're safety tested (CE in
Europe, ASTM in the US) for youngsters aged 3 and above:
http://www.dollshouse.com/asp/junior.asp

click the stars and strips for $USD prices and shipping to the
states...

Paul
http://www.dollshouse.com

Idea for all those leftover single beads starlia Beads 9 August 27th 04 07:46 AM
New idea for RCB need input:) Candace Beads 14 June 1st 04 01:16 AM
picture of my new necklace roxan Beads 9 February 17th 04 08:05 AM
Sooz's Challenge idea.... Challenge angela Beads 10 August 17th 03 07:04 AM
An Idea Jalynne Beads 30 July 31st 03 05:15 AM