Ping John re chairs

Old September 3rd 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Default Ping John re chairs

Hey John, (and all those peeking in)
I remember your getting a nice chair
for your sewing machine tables. I
can't remember what the brand was.
Do you recall the brand or page you
bought it from?
Anyone else with really nice chair
suggestions please chime in.

TIA, Taria

Old September 3rd 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I have a really nice office chair. Adjustable arms -- so you can tweak them
to fit nicely at your table. (or you can remove them altogether). Swivels
and rocks -- very comfortable and great back support -- which is critical to
me. I have a carpeted sewing area -- so have an office mat under it.

I highly recommend a good office chair.

--
Kate in MI

Old September 3rd 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Skinny quilter chairs

I accept that I am speaking for the minority - skinny quilters. There are 3
comfortable chairs in my sewing room. Comfortable for the others who quilt
or visit in here - but not to me. Last time I had my teeth cleaned, I
noticed that the dental assistant had what looks like an ideal chair for me.
I googled 'dental assistant chair' and find that there are several seat
styles, several backs,(one with what they call a pear shape that looks good)
no arms to get in the way and they adjust from 23" to 30" with a footrest
all the way around.
We have dental appointments this month and I'm going to check out the
chairs. Maybe I'll find one I love and find out where they bought it. It
could happen. Oh how I would love to have a 'just right' chair. Polly

"Taria" wrote Hey John, (and all those peeking in)

Old September 3rd 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 2, 8:35*pm, "Taria" wrote:
Hey John, (and all those peeking in)
I remember your getting a nice chair
for your sewing machine tables. *I
can't remember what the brand was.
Do you recall the brand or page you
bought it from?
Anyone else with really nice chair
suggestions please chime in.

TIA, Taria

The chair in question is called a Reliable Score chair and I got it
from this place http://www.acesewvac.com/rel-score.html. It is multi-
adjustable, Up-down for height, back-forward and tilt. The back
support is height adjustable also. The cushion is large enough to
handle any sized person. I have another chair that is similar that is
an architects drafting chair that is able to extend higher for use in
some situations that require a higher seating position but it does not
have as many adjustments and it has a smaller seat. To it's advantage,
it is cheaper. The reliable chair is made for the sewing industry and
the requirements thereof, so It should suite anybody who does any
amount of sewing. When you think about those sweat shop sewing hours,
a comfortable chair is a must. Kind of pricey, but well worth it to
me. Of the two hairs that I have, it is the preferred one for comfort.

John.
Old September 3rd 09, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I know it will look kind of funny to test at a store but if your SM has a
knee lift, you need to know if that will work okay with your new chair. The
newest member of my chairs has a sort of puffy rise on both sides of the
chair bottom. It interferes with my ability to slip over and nudge the knee
lift. Might not be a problem with adult-size knees but is impossible for me
to navigate. Ha! Did you notice that John has two hairs? Polly

"John" wrote

Old September 3rd 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Yes Polly I did notice that John had two 'hairs'. All this time I thought
that he must have been shaving his head, but it seems that he suffers from
Major hair loss.

Dee in Oz

( I usually miss the typos but caught this one)

Old September 3rd 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 2, 11:47*pm, "Dee in Oz"
wrote:
[...]

As they say, hair today, gone tomorrow. After fighting a loosing
battle of the hairline, I decided to declare victory and get out of
the war, by the tactical use of a razor. To quote Dirty Harry," A man
has got to know his limitations".

John
Old September 3rd 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Thanks John. That was the info I was looking for. There is some
refiguring and big changes going on here since DD will hopefully
be closing escrow and moving out. Good work chairs for me and
DH are definitely in order. If not before than for Christmas or
birthdays. Never too soon to start looking though.
Thanks.
Taria

Old September 3rd 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

The chair: do you like it? "preferred" of the 2, but is that
good enough?

"2 hairs": wait for a third & you can braid.

Cheers!

R/Sandy

On 9/2/09 8:44 PM, in article
, "John"

Old September 4th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

wrote:
On Sep 2, 8:35*pm, "Taria" wrote:
[...]

Yes, I do like it. It has solved all of the problems that I had using
whatever chairs that I had around the house, and tried to adapt to
sewing. It is infinitely adjustable and should be able to deal with
any fitting issues that somebody could have. Being as it is made for
the sewing industry, a lot of thought was put into it, for that usage,
as opposed to adapting an existing "office" chair, which might work
for some people, but not everybody. I think that the same company that
makes the chairs, also imports the Reliable brand of industrial sewing
machines. Don't quote me on that, but I seem to remember talking to
the salesman and that was the impression I gleaned from that
conversation. Although, it has been almost a year since I dealt with
them, and memory might be playing tricks, on that claim. It has
allowed me to do 9 hour stints in the "saddle", and still get up and
walk away from the machine, without a fist full of Tylenol to ease the
pain. Testimonial enough for me. I do use the Architects, Chair for
the treadle because the seat is smaller and it fits into the way I sit
in order to use the treadle. It is less adjustable, but the adjustment
it gives, is good enough for that usage. See, I am not doctrinaire
about chairs. If it fits, use it. Although I don't sew at the treadle
for 9 hours at a time, I do spend a goodly amount of time using it,
4-6 hrs.

John

John

ping John Bronnie[_2_] Quilting 1 July 16th 09 12:20 PM
ping John Bronnie[_2_] Quilting 0 July 16th 09 06:08 AM
OT ping JOHN Polly Esther[_2_] Quilting 13 February 10th 08 02:00 PM
Ping John Kate T. Quilting 1 October 5th 07 07:40 PM
Ping: John Donna Aten Quilting 6 April 1st 07 09:23 PM