Waving 'Hi' to the regulars here

Old July 16th 10, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Waving 'Hi' to the regulars here

I don't see any activity for the month of July here but June seemed
busy with the ladies knitting hats for charity. I knit hats for the
homeless men in SouthWest Pa. mostly. And a few of us are knitting
hats and scarves for our soldiers right now. I have never donated
anything personally but forwarded it to the person in charge of the
project and never thought much about a personal 'thank you' from the
person receiving it. A photo with the big smiles and 'thank you'
letters from the head cordinator make it all worth while.

But I did have one bad experience with a person which left me foaming
at the mouth. I don't know if the scarves were ever given out because
she was to busy to open the box and it took me 3 e-mails to get a
reply from her saying the box even arrived. I learned from that
experience that charities listed on yarn sites such as Lion Brand and
Bev's aren't always what they seem. Still I won't let a few bad
apples prevent me from doing what I enjoy.
Old July 16th 10, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Jul 16, 6:03*am, " wrote:
[...]

Hallo , it is so good to see a Real Message here , and not one of
those ,,,,,, selling ads
I have learned that it is better to read/ask around a bit about the
Group who organizes a charity, i intend to donate to ,
Of course we hope and wish all charities would be ok, but the odd one
out is annoying, and a waste of all good will.
I admire your ability and willingness to knit for donating.
mirjam
Old July 16th 10, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

By the way this month being soooooo warm i mainly embroider and don`t
knit so much ...
mirjam
Old July 16th 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jul 16, 12:26*am, mirjam wrote:
By the way this month being soooooo warm i mainly embroider and don`t
knit so much ...
mirjam

Hi Mirjam,

It is warmer than usual here. August is the worse month for hot
weather but it is already 95 to 105 here and the humidity is usually
around 65% so we are miserable. People are up and about early in the
mornings and by 10:00 it's already hot! I am not a warm weather
person so Iam not having funny at all.
I have so many half finished knitting projects on my needles and end
up playing the game Sudoku instead.
Not that I'm any good at it but enjoy it nonetheless...lol

Do you think Facebook has taken over? I signed up recently and turned
by chat 'off' so people don't know when I'm on line and have all the
settings checked 'for friends only' for privacy reasons. I would
rather post in craft/hobby groups where everyone has the same
interest. I am getting into doll quilts and the 2 places I enjoy the
most are now on facebook and that is what me sign up...to afraid I was
missing something.

Hoping the others do peek their heads in from time to time and will
join this conversation. By the way...did anyone hear from Dennis? I
know he has been missing for a long, long time. I don't know him but
still noticed his absence.

Linda Lee

PS...am I the only one who can never get the validation correct the
first time? Because of the wave I can't always tell the difference
between u,v, etc.
Old July 18th 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jul 16, 8:47*am, " wrote:
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
laughing at myself as no one else is in here. Good grieve...with all
the typos one would think I had been drinking!
Old July 19th 10, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
laughing at myself as no one else is in here. *Good grieve...with all
the typos one would think I had been drinking!

Linda Lee
No no you ARE NOT alone i am here and reading this .....
Don`t worry about typos , what matters here , are the good thoughts
the nice words and the creativity we all use well and share with
others
ps my keyboard has two sets of letters and from time to time they
jump

שלום לכלם
like this ,,,, [ i wrote Shalom to all !!!!]
mirjam
Old July 24th 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
laughing at myself as no one else is in here. Good grieve...with all
the typos one would think I had been drinking!

Linda Lee
No no you ARE NOT alone i am here and reading this .....
Don`t worry about typos , what matters here , are the good thoughts
the nice words and the creativity we all use well and share with
others
ps my keyboard has two sets of letters and from time to time they
jump

שלום לכלם
like this ,,,, [ i wrote Shalom to all !!!!]
mirjam

Linda you crack me up. I'm reading just not posting much. I definitely do
less needle work when the weather is warm. Right now I have two projects I
want to do. Both needing some special cotton yarn. So, I'm on the hunt.
You'd think with a big stash I'd have something I can use, but no.

Lynne

Waving Hello~ Vicky Beads 0 December 14th 07 08:35 PM
Waving HI!!! Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 October 21st 06 09:32 PM
Waving to the brave! YarnWright Yarn 21 May 23rd 06 08:05 PM
*waving at Pirjo* MRH Yarn 1 September 17th 05 06:51 PM
OT Waving buh-byeeeee! Leslie in Missouri Quilting 7 May 22nd 04 02:50 AM