Help/inspiration please

Old September 1st 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Default Help/inspiration please

Ok -I have friend that loves owls and I found a owl bead that she'll love to
add to her owl themed stitching gadgets. So, I either want to make her a
scissor fob or chatelaine, but at am a total loss for what to pair with it
color wise.

He looks like this fellow, but in light grey not brown.

http://www.madcowbeads.com/cool-wise...dant-634-p.asp

My only productive thought is to use silver tone hardware but otherwise I'm
lost. I'm afraid using black would overpower the owl and whites and greys
strike me as BLAH.

Thank you ladies

Cheryl
Southern NH

Old September 2nd 09, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Hi Cheryl,
Not being able to actually see it makes it hard for me to visualise.

The only thing I can suggest is to look in your beads or embroidery
floss and try colours against it. Something may shout at you. For a
scissors fob you could thread it on some leather thong or rat tail cord,
that comes in nice colours.
What colour are the eyes? maybe you can match them up.
Sorry I cannot help you more.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Cheryl Isaak
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old September 2nd 09, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Hi Shirley,
First - the link didn't work. Even thoughts on bead shape would help - I am
that lost...

But, I hadn't thought of using rat tail - a pearl gray would be nice and I
could do a lariat type chatelaine with a lobster claw to hold those owl
scissors she got for her birthday last year. A few accent beads in black or
a topaz for the eyes would work.

Thanks so much.

Cheryl

Old September 2nd 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

http://www.madcowbeads.com/cool-wise...ad-pendant-634....

My only productive thought is to use silver tone hardware but otherwise I'm
lost. I'm afraid using black would overpower the owl and whites and greys
strike me as BLAH.

Thank you ladies

Cheryl
Southern NH

Link didn't work for me either - so I just went to the site and
searched for him and he came up. He's a cutie.

How about combining him with some leaves in a dark green to make an
"environment" for him?
Old September 2nd 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/2/09 10:32 AM, in article
, "Dwyn"

"Shirley Shone" wrote:
[...]

Ohh - there's a thought. I found some light grey silk cord in stash that
looks good, the right shade of green of leaf would be stunning.

Since this is a special friend, I might do a brown bag for storage and quilt
it with more leaves....

Old September 3rd 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

On Sep 2, 2:36*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/2/09 10:32 AM, in article
, "Dwyn"

"Shirley Shone" wrote:
[...]

Your friend is very lucky indeed to have you for a friend! ;-)
Old September 3rd 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/3/09 8:49 AM, in article
, "Dwyn"

"Shirley Shone" wrote:
[...]

Thank you...

Only certain friends get beaded or stitched gifts. The ones who appreciate
them.

I'll never give my sister anything beaded again. She'd be bitching about how
her work scissors would walk away - so I made a long beaded leash that would
clip to her desk drawer and the scissors. I think it is still sitting in her
bedroom because it was too nice for the office (she works at the transfer
station). It was plastic beads for a reason....

Old September 3rd 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/3/09 8:49 AM, in article
, "Dwyn"
wrote:

Your friend is very lucky indeed to have you for a friend! ;-)

Thank you...

Only certain friends get beaded or stitched gifts. The ones who appreciate
them.

I'll never give my sister anything beaded again. She'd be bitching about
how
her work scissors would walk away - so I made a long beaded leash that
would
clip to her desk drawer and the scissors. I think it is still sitting in
her
bedroom because it was too nice for the office (she works at the transfer
station). It was plastic beads for a reason....

I was going to trade my sister for yours.....but I wouldn't do that to you.
Mine has more money than Bill Gates, yet buys all of our Xmas gifts at
thrift shops, dollar stores and discount outlets.........in other words,
anywhere she can save a buck. It doesn't matter to her that the item is too
small, too ugly, wrong colour or wrong style.....and I have no clue why she
is so thoughtless.

Picture a slightly overweight woman with 3 chins trying on this gift......a
tight spandex turtleneck in what could only be called sh*t brindle brown.
Said woman tossed it back to her and told her to take it back......of course
she couldn't cuz discount store sales are final. LOL.

OTOH, she got mad at me when I went to the dollar store the next year and
bought all of her stuff there and wrapped it in newspaper.....ROFL!! Yelled
at me, in fact. Heh heh......I loved it. But she still didn't get the
hint.

Sisters.......take mine please!!

HF (of course, I don't know the overweight woman..cough....but we all get a
good giggle out of that Xmas)

Old September 4th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

OMG! My sister does/did the same thing.

I have 4 other brothers and sisters, so buying xmas for all of them and their families would be too
much a burden on all of us when we were first starting out - so we put all names in a hat and drew
names. I don't know why, but my sister ALWAYS got my name. For 4 years, I asked for Isotoner
gloves, and what did I get from her?

#1 - knitted Mittens
#2 - cheap imitation bulky gloves
#3 - knitted Mitten gloves (each finger was a different color, with a covering that went over the
fingers to form mittens)
#4 - Cheap imitation bulky gloves that were so stiff, I couldn't make a fist

I finally got my isotoners from my hubby the year after.

My sister always bought people crap, from crap stores, for crap prices too. She still might... but
after the 5th or 6th xmas where we (hubby and I) got nothing but crap from my sister and hubby, I
said I wasn't doing it any longer and I was only buying for the kids!!

Are all sisters alike?

Sterling

Old September 4th 09, 06:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

LOL! I think yours and mine came from the same weird planet!! Forgot she
gave me your #2. And I have another one you don't want to know
about....ROFL!! Hubby considers himself very lucky that he is an only
child!!

Cheers....Heather

#1 - knitted Mittens
#2 - cheap imitation bulky gloves
#3 - knitted Mitten gloves (each finger was a different color, with a
covering that went over the fingers to form mittens)
#4 - Cheap imitation bulky gloves that were so stiff, I couldn't make a
fist

"Heather" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/3/09 8:49 AM, in article
,
"Dwyn"
wrote:

[...]

I need inspiration, please. Rita in MA Quilting 10 June 12th 08 07:00 PM
Help with inspiration Sunny Quilting 31 January 30th 07 03:32 AM
need inspiration Taria Quilting 38 January 10th 07 08:29 PM
Where do you look for inspiration? Morag in Oxford Quilting 24 April 18th 06 02:31 AM
Help with inspiration Morag in Oxford Quilting 2 August 23rd 04 08:09 PM