OT - *HAD* to stop in again, you'll enjoy this one!

Old May 28th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OT - *HAD* to stop in again, you'll enjoy this one!

I'm just nicely picking myself up off the floor from hysterical laughter and
I thought I'd pop in briefly and share my goof-up with everyone, because I
figure everyone needs a good laugh, even if at my expense. LOL

First I have to set this up so you'll know *why* I was trying to do it a
different way (explained further in a moment)...

Last night Matthew and I were in silly moods, and I walked by him at the
computer and did something to which he spun around in his chair to
retaliate. When he did this the arm of the chair hit the shelf that holds
the keyboard and the whole thing went crashing to the floor. I stood on the
other side of the room watching in silence as Matthew picked it all up
(discovering that he had to make repairs to the sliding keyboard shelf
before putting it back on), then when he turned to look at me *sheepishly* I
just grinned and then we both burst out laughing. He went to the workshop
and put the metal piece back on the side of the sliding shelf that helps it
to slide on the runners... then came in and put it back together again. He
said he would have to tighten the side boards up better on the weekend,
because the arm of the chair had knocked one of them out a bit further than
it should be and the whole sliding keyboard shelf is still loose. Okay, no
problem, we just have to be careful not to lean on it too much.

So getting on to today... Matthew had to stay home today because he was
sicker than a dog all night last night and all day today too for that
matter. We think it might be the relish he used on his hotdogs for supper
last night. I had hotdogs too (and my stomach hasn't calmed down since the
weekend, but mine is something I have to live with from time to time, not
from something I eat), but I don't like that particular type of relish so I
used a different kind and I was fine... aside from the normal problems. The
same thing had happened the other night when he had hamburgers for supper (I
was very sick and not eating for three days straight), but he thought it
might have been something else that night. The only thing both meals had in
common was the relish he used, so I figure that *has* to be it.

Anyway, that isn't why I was falling on the floor laughing or what I thought
you would all find amusing too.... Because Matthew was home sick all day,
I have been on the computer the entire day while he is laying on the sofa
watching TV when he isn't sleeping. While I was playing a game that only
required that I click on the mouse, which I was doing lightly so as not to
put too much pressure on the sliding keyboard shelf, the stupid thing
dropped slightly... twice. The second time made me a bit nervous that the
whole thing was going to fall apart like last night, so I moved the keyboard
to the actual desk with the mouse sitting beside it. Not able to move the
mouse very well due to it coming up through the front part then turned
backward to sit on the front of the actual desk... I was typing the letters
in instead of using the mouse for the game. It was working, but it wasn't
as enjoyable a game that way... so I finally stopped playing and instead
brought up a notepad that I had been typing things in earlier in the day,
and just typed away using the arrow keys to move where I needed to be
instead of clicking with the mouse. Then I decided that I wanted to
highlight something to then cut and paste it elsewhere in the paragraph...
but for the life of me I couldn't remember the way to do it without having
to wrestle with the mouse that was still sitting backward on the desk
(simple "shift and the arrow keys", but couldn't think of it at the time).
I *thought* I remembered it as "alt control c.. then one of the arrow keys"
("control c" copies what you just highlighted... duh). Suddenly I found
myself seeing the desktop items (picture and all)... sideways!!!

Thankfully by this point Matthew had been resting most of the day and was
feeling well enough to come look at what I had done... because I couldn't
figure out how the heck to fix it. He walked into the room, stopped dead in
his tracks and looked at me with such disbelief. Asked what I had done and
I told him "alt control c" but forgot the arrow button this time... it did
nothing at all. I finally remembered that I had also clicked one of the
arrows, and it was back to normal in no time. He also fixed the sliding
keyboard shelf again too. He shook his head and said "Only YOU would end up
turning the entire desktop sideways!!" then walked off into the livingroom
again. I sat here working more on the notepad (this time using the mouse to
highlight, cut and paste elsewhere), then it suddenly hit me funny again...
I realized that even though I have been using a computer now for about 10 -
11 years, I just looked like a complete newbie who asks "Hey, where did my
cup holder go?". ROTFLMAO

Okay, there's your laugh for the day. I'm off now (I *heard* that Noreen!
LOL), not sure when I'll be back.

Take care and have fun!

*hugs*
Gemini - blonde and proud of it! LOL

Old May 28th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

That's a good story, Gem! Of course I am tempted to try it too but a little
nervous that I would never get it fixed! Glad to see you around and still
laughing at yourself

Cheers,
LauraJ

olimited...

Old May 28th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
olimited...
snip

[...]

Certainly an interesting key combination to keep in mind: would certainly
make people think twice before just sitting down at your PC at work!

TTFN,
Carey in MA

enjoy [email protected] Yarn 0 April 1st 08 05:04 AM
enjoy [email protected] Needlework 0 April 1st 08 04:55 AM
enjoy! DrQuilter Quilting 5 July 24th 05 06:12 AM