OFF TOPIC - pierced ears

Old November 27th 07, 09:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default OFF TOPIC - pierced ears

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Why Tia Mary if you want to compliment me on having more than one
language , why not count the right number ,,, English is my Third
language among 4 ,,,,
mirjam

Very modest of you Mirjam
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old November 27th 07, 10:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Well Bruce , she meant to offend and insult me , thus at least she
should use the correft facts .
mirjam

Old November 27th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sunflowerlady

huh?? Who's _doug?
wrote in message
Wow _doug- Now you're Sarah and you have a six year old daughter?
you certainly change a lot, I mean on the other site you're a macho
kind of guy and here you are female and have kids?
Nothing personal or anything- Doug - but are you a frustrated actor?

Old November 27th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Why Tia Mary if you want to compliment me on having more than one
language , why not count the right number ,,, English is my Third
language among 4 ,,,,
mirjam

Very modest of you Mirjam
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Surely an "incorrect fact" is an oxymoron.
Bruce

Old November 27th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've pretty much decided that for Xmas, DD will get a pair of nice earrings
and gift certificate for pierced ears.

Good for you!

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old November 27th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 26, 12:02 pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:

We're going to miss all that ! We'll be long gone when it happens lol
Look at it this way though, sure to put the next generation off
tattoos.

But we're not missing it, Sheena! Remember the picture of the
tattooed grandma I sent you? That was one ugly sight!

Joan
Old November 27th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
flitterbit

Gill Murray wrote:

flitterbit wrote:
Heather in NY wrote:

Once the holes have been kept open for several months and the tissue
has healed, the holes won't close.

I chose to have my ears pierced at age 12, but haven't been able to
wear any kind of earrings since about age 26; seems something about my
body chemistry changed and I develop an allergic reaction to any
earrings I try to wear, be they 24K gold, surgical steel or anything
else. I gave up trying years ago; I'm 52 now, and the holes are still
there.

You remind me of my new daughter-in-law. Ayako is allergic to most
metals. Their wedding rings are platinum, but even then she will break
out in a rash. It gets a bit expensive buying jewelry for her..... but
she is worth it! I am glad that DD and DGD and I can all wear the cheapo
stuff.

Gillian

What's really strange is that I can wear metal anywhere else *but* in my
ear piercings; my wedding and engagement rings have never caused any
problems, nor has any necklace, bracelet, clip-on earrings, watch, etc.,
but if I put in pierced earrings, within an hour, my earlobes swell up,
become hot and sore, start to ooze (sorry for the mental image) and it
becomes extremely difficult to remove the earrings.

I've never tried platinum and given the price of it, fortunately don't
have a strong enough hankering for earrings to feel the need, lol.

Like your DD and DG, my mom could always wear the cheap stuff too; she
liked to have earrings to match every outfit so would buy cheap, cute
earrings by the dozens of pairs and never had any problems.
Old November 27th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Why Tia Mary if you want to compliment me on having more than one
language , why not count the right number ,,, English is my Third
language among 4 ,,,,
mirjam

If you find the truth offensive and insulting that's a problem you
have to deal with. Over the years, there have been uncountable
unpleasant threads because you have misunderstood what was posted yet
insist you understand and you tell the poster s/he was wrong in the
meaning of what was written. You insist that you understand the English
language completely and will never admit that you might not have
understood exactly what the other person meant. Those of us who speak
the language from birth don't have a complete grasp of all the nuances
of what another person might be saying! It is ludicrous that you
adamantly insist you have a complete grasp of the English language. If
you occasionally admitted that you didn't understand something, it might
not be so irritating.
As I have said before, discussing needlework with you is about the
only thing that won't cause a problem. Everything else seems to end up
in some sort of antagonistic "verbal" brou-ha-ha due to language
differences! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old November 27th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
flitterbit

snipped

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've pretty much decided that for Xmas, DD will get a pair of nice earrings
and gift certificate for pierced ears.

I'll bet she'll be thrilled!