Last night brought me some sweater weather!

Old October 19th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Last night brought me some sweater weather!

A modest Canadian cold front blew in yesterday evening. It brought
rain (in some areas it brought LOTS of rain, like 4" in less than 90
minutes!) and cooler temps. This morning I woke up to 55f/12.7C and a
brisk north wind with intermittent drizzle.

I wore my AS sweater over a long-sleeved tshirt when I made the
morning school run: my ears got chilly, the rest of me was wondering
who turned up the thermostat. I guess that's one impervious sweater.

When I go out later I may wear my red gansey, or my lavender pullover,
both of which are "new" for this winter.

I'm still plugging along on my quicksilver handspun sweater. The lace
pattern at the yoke is giving me problems, possibly today I'll be able
to figure out WTF I'm supposed to be doing and then do it correctly.
I'm tired of tinking fuzzy lace!
Old October 19th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message
A modest Canadian cold front blew in yesterday evening. It brought
rain (in some areas it brought LOTS of rain, like 4" in less than 90
minutes!) and cooler temps. This morning I woke up to 55f/12.7C and a
brisk north wind with intermittent drizzle.

Sorry about that. How about you send some warm weather up here?
Reciprocity is good (laugh)

I've been wearing my Patons Up Country sweater for the last 2 or 3 weeks.
It's very heavy, but cuddly and warm and is perfect for chilly fall days.

When I go out later I may wear my red gansey, or my lavender pullover,
both of which are "new" for this winter.

I love that red gansy!

I've also been plugging along on the Christmas granddaughter sweater and
sister lace shawl.... I had to frog both of them last night. Not all the
way, just a few rows, but decided I'd better put them down and go to bed.
On my granddaughter's sweater, there are cables up the front, and I had
turned one the wrong way. Grrrrrr. That involved ripping out approx 10
rows. The lace shawl was just floating along, until I couldn't get the
stitch count right on this one row. Well, when I tried tinking it, one of
the needles slipped right out. I managed to drop a couple of stitches
putting the needle back in, and ended up ripping back around 4 or 5 rows. I
have since put a lifeline in this #$% shawl, so hopefully it will go a
little better now. I'm thinking of looking for a bamboo needle set in that
size to help minimize the slippage. I can understand what you mean about
tinking fuzzy lace.

Shelagh

Old October 21st 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:

[...]

Oh, Shelagh, I hate when I turn a cable the wrong way. And you HAVE to
fix it, don't you?

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 21st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

WoolyGooly wrote:
I'm still plugging along on my quicksilver handspun sweater. The lace
pattern at the yoke is giving me problems, possibly today I'll be able
to figure out WTF I'm supposed to be doing and then do it correctly.
I'm tired of tinking fuzzy lace!

There is nothing worse than that! Good luck with it.

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 21st 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...

Oh, Shelagh, I hate when I turn a cable the wrong way. And you HAVE to
fix it, don't you?

Higs,
Katherine

Oh, absolutely. It would have driven me crazy.

Shelagh

Old October 22nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...

Oh, Shelagh, I hate when I turn a cable the wrong way. And you HAVE to
fix it, don't you?

Oh, absolutely. It would have driven me crazy.

LOL Me, too!

Higs,
Kaytherine

Old October 23rd 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

ONCE in My life i was TOOOOO far away in the sweater and decided to
Leave the one wrong turn ,,,,,, NOT good!!! i saw it every time ,,
mirjam

Shillelagh wrote:
ups.com...