Still here...

Old September 29th 05, 08:11 AM
David Sky

Thanks for the warning!

Actually, I've dreamt of such for many years, nightmares actually...
helicopters with search lights looking for me... are you involved with
such?

David

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

I'll never tell! But watch out for the black helicopters!

Katherine

David Sky wrote:
Ooh, sounds like I better be more careful in public news groups...
are you a time cop?

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

Uh-huh, and with a publishing date of 2037?? Have you been hanging
around with Doctor Who? You know, time travelers are not supposed to
bring things from one era to another. g

Katherine

David Sky wrote:
I detect a tone of doubt in your voice... Webster Random-Luna House
is a very reputable publishing company!

David

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

LOL Really???

Katherine

David Sky wrote:
lgms - "ell gee emz"
1. plural of "little green man" - "little green men", coined in
the mid-20th century, a visual description for then-undiscovered
homo- sapiens-like extra-terrestrial life forms - "I saw a movie
about lgms."
2. "little green men stitch(-es/-ing)"
Usually accompanied by a horrified "What the *bleep* is
_that_??!!"or, " What the *deleted expletive* did I (you) do
_there_??!!"
A knitter's or crocheter's code for not understanding how a stitch
or group of stitches was made; it defies explanation or
description based on current known craft reality. Usually but not
necessarily used by a beginner - "I knitted some lgms today."

Source: Webster/Random-Luna House Dictionary, circa 2037.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

I was trying to think of a knitting abbreviation.

Katherine

David Sky wrote:
Not sure what you mean Katherine *chuckle* Actually, lgm was
coined forty or fifty years ago for 'little green men', aliens
from other worlds. I guess the pre-cursors of today's 'greys',
the aliens with large eyes as portrayed in Close encounters of
the Third Kind (a fabulous movie which I highly enjoyed!).

David

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

LOL We should think up one for LGM!

Katherine

David Sky wrote:
lol Thanks Katherine! Yeah, I've got a few wips and ufos! So
far no lgms though - little green men!... or women

David

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

W ork
I n
P rogress

U n
F inished
O bjects

P rojects
I n
G rocery
S acks

TINK is to KNIT backwards.

HTH

Katherine

Old September 30th 05, 11:13 AM
spinninglilac

lol we should .... how about...Large Garment Managed
c'mon where is Els, she'd have fun with this one
LGM Els....what say you???

cheers...Cher

Old October 1st 05, 07:26 AM
David Sky

*horrified laugh!* Okay... will making a better acronym ensure my safety?
Such as

large/loose/long garments made springy/stringy/stockinette

David

Old October 1st 05, 12:15 PM
Katherine

LOL
It still isn't doing it for me. You see, we ALL have WIPs, UFOs, and PIGS,
but we might not all have that. It has to be something that affects every
knitter.

Katherine

Old October 1st 05, 12:23 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

How about a call to activity for a knit-along: Let's Get Making Something
Just a thought
Love Christine

Old October 1st 05, 03:23 PM
MRH

wrote in message
How about a call to activity for a knit-along: Let's Get Making Something
Just a thought
Love Christine

This one has my vote... if we're voting! ;o)

Peace!
Gemini