Finished one and almost another!!

Old May 8th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Default Finished one and almost another!!

Ok, Folks! I handquilted and finished a baby quilt and put a sampler
top together. I still think the sampler needs another border of the
yellow, but would appreciate any input from you all!
The pics are on my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/staleygirl2

Amy in SoCal
Old May 8th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I like all the baskets. I'd for sure put a border of yellow on it, and
I'd think about a smaller (maybe 1" or less) inner border of a green or
maybe a dark red that matches a color from one of the baskets. You will
come back and show us when it's all finished, won't you?

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old May 8th 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Thanks, Louise! I never thought about another color, but I have plenty
of red and apple green. I also have some bubblegum pinks as well.
Which would be the best, IYO?
Old May 8th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I would add a border. I think it needs the color but stabilizing those bias
edges never a bad idea either.
Which is the new baby quilt? You sure have a lot of great work.
TAria

Old May 8th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

thanks, Taria!
It's in the baby quilts folder, the last one shown.
I am really leaning towards apple green or red. Which do you think?

Old May 9th 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I agree with Louise, but would go for a red as the narrowest inner
border before the wider yellow. I think that would really pull it all
together.

I looked for a baby quilt folder, but couldn't see it. Is it hiding? I
have to confirm I want to share with picasa and sometimes I forget that bit.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old May 9th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 8 May 2011 16:29:55 -0500, amy in SoCal wrote
(in article
):

Ok, Folks! I handquilted and finished a baby quilt and put a sampler
top together. I still think the sampler needs another border of the
yellow, but would appreciate any input from you all!
The pics are on my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/staleygirl2

Amy in SoCal

Very cute! I think I would add another yellow border around the outside.

Maureen

Old May 9th 11, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Definitely wants a border! IMO, don't use the light yellow. I think
the darker yellow with the polka dots would be better. Needs some
stronger color to balance the red blocks.
Roberta in D