Another face to face meeting today!

Old April 3rd 04, 01:41 AM
SusanTorrens

Default Another face to face meeting today!

I met Susan from Chicago today! She is in Florida, to escort her Mother home.
They are in Dade City, which is just about 15 min. from our place.
We met at noon at the LQS, Quilts on Plum Lane. This shop is only a few months
old, but has a lovely selection of fabrics. I had promised DH that I wouldn't
buy any more fabric until we see if we can squeeze all my already purchased
treasures into the car, but Susan found a coordinate for an odd coloured panel
she had previously purchased. We then picked up her Aunt Hazel and her Mother
and continued on to lunch at a local restaurant called "Lunch on Limoge". It
is a wonderful place, and is usually busy during the winter, so they suggest
reservations. We had a great lunch, and the four of us talked, laughed,
compared notes on just about everything (you know, the usual meet-up stuff).
Her Mother, Ann is a wonderful 89 years young!
It always amazes me, how much we all have in common. Susan and I (also Susan)
both have DH with the same first name, although mine is mostly known by his
middle name, and we both have 2 sons, only a few years different in age.
She told me about plans for the next spring quilt show, and suggested that we
return to Kingston via Chicago next year, so we can attend!

Susan, from Kingston ON
quilting in Florida (what else?)

Old April 3rd 04, 02:02 AM
Mary in Oregon

Sounds like great fun... I've meet up with several folks from another NG....
in fact back in 99 we met in Kingston and 2002 in Picton, ON

--
Mary

Old April 3rd 04, 12:59 PM
Kate Dicey

What a nice meeting! I love to meet quilt folk - so if any of you are
ever in Kent, give me a shout!

SusanTorrens wrote:

[...]

Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 4th 04, 05:37 PM
SusanTorrens

In article , "Mary in Oregon"
writes:

.. I've meet up with several folks from another NG....
in fact back in 99 we met in Kingston and 2002 in Picton, ON

That's in my neck of the woods mid-April until October. If you ever get back
there, let me know!