Anyone have Daylight Ultimate Lamp?

Old October 18th 03, 08:24 PM
v quan

Default Anyone have Daylight Ultimate Lamp?

I need a good lamp to stitch in the evenings. Does anyone have this lamp? Is
it better than Ott or Veri ?
Any good alternatives to buying a $250 floor lamp (lack of space requires
me to purchase only a floor lamp)!
Would appreciate your thoughts!.
Thanks!
V.

Old October 18th 03, 09:42 PM
Karen C - California

Any good alternatives to buying a $250 floor lamp

I have a reading lamp on the wall over my stitching spot, with a Verilux bulb
in it. The lamp is positionable, so I can point it right at my stitching
(slightly outward), or re-direct it straight down if I'm curled up with a book.

Lamp fixture, $15. Verilux bulb, $8. Nothing for the cats to knock over,
priceless.

Bulbs available from www.realgoods.com. Lamps available from your local
lighting store.

--
Finished 7/4/03 -- Army Wife
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old October 18th 03, 10:18 PM
Darla

On 18 Oct 2003 20:42:57 GMT, S (Karen C -
California) wrote:

Any good alternatives to buying a $250 floor lamp

I have a reading lamp on the wall over my stitching spot, with a Verilux bulb
in it. The lamp is positionable, so I can point it right at my stitching
(slightly outward), or re-direct it straight down if I'm curled up with a book.

Lamp fixture, $15. Verilux bulb, $8. Nothing for the cats to knock over,
priceless.

Bulbs available from
www.realgoods.com. Lamps available from your local
lighting store.

I have a gooseneck clamp-on lamp that's attached to the clip-light
attachment on my GripIt Deluxe floorstand. I have a Verilux bulb in
there. Before last year's "energy crisis" here in California, I had
the Verilux bulbs in all my bedroom and office-area lamps, but
replaced them with compact fluorescent bulbs. But I see that the
RealGoods that Karen posted sells the full-spectrum compact
fluorescents. YAY!! THANK YOU, Karen!!!!!!!!!
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old October 19th 03, 05:12 PM
Janet Walker

I have both the Daylight and Ott floor lamps. My preference is the Ott.
The color from the Ott light is better. Just my opinion.

Janet

Old October 19th 03, 05:28 PM
Alison

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:24:13 GMT, "v quan" wrote:

I need a good lamp to stitch in the evenings. Does anyone have this lamp? Is
it better than Ott or Veri ?
Any good alternatives to buying a $250 floor lamp (lack of space requires
me to purchase only a floor lamp)!
Would appreciate your thoughts!.
Thanks!
V.

I don't find that any of the lamps (Ott, Verilux, Daylight) provide me
with enough light to stitch by (and this is important because it's the
only light source.) From what I have read, the OVD lamps give you the
daylight bulb which lets you see colors better. This is not that
important to me however since I stitch from charts and everything is
numbered. I have a standard floor lamp with a 50/200/250 watt bulb.
That's what works for me.

Alison

bead lamp from the movie "Blue" [email protected] Beads 25 January 15th 05 03:02 AM
Gas lamp glass David Billington Glass 2 October 13th 04 09:41 AM
beaded lampshades and/or lamp makers needed Leontine Beads 2 March 19th 04 09:24 PM
Transparnt glass lamp Familie Krakers Glass 4 February 17th 04 12:10 AM
lamp shade fringe question C Ryman Glass 0 November 30th 03 05:03 AM