Building a light box

Old April 26th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default Building a light box

hi all,

i'm planning to re-start my stained glass studio...have had a lapse of
16 years and i'm sure a lot has happened since i last picked up my
oil-cutter.

i want to have a lightbox built for me but i don't have any specs nor
can i find any online.

does anyone have any suggestions about size?

thanks.

please reply to:

Old April 27th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

about 2x2 feet or 2x4 feet to use standard 2 or 4 foot fluorescent bulbs
which are much cooler and long lasting than standard lamp bulbs. 4 foot
bulbs are much cheaper than 2 foot bulbs because they are used by the
thousands in building ceilings. Use a standard plastic grid also used in
ceiling fixtures. In fact, if you don't want to build a box and 2 or 4
bulbs will meet your needs, buy a ceiling fixture add support for the grid
to work on (since it drops in face down) and frame it, depending on the
style.

--
Mike Firth
Furnace Glassblowing Website
wrote in message
ups.com...
hi all,

i'm planning to re-start my stained glass studio...have had a lapse of
16 years and i'm sure a lot has happened since i last picked up my
oil-cutter.

i want to have a lightbox built for me but i don't have any specs nor
can i find any online.

does anyone have any suggestions about size?

thanks.

please reply to:

In "light" of recent posts KI Graham Quilting 4 September 10th 05 02:30 AM
Help building a light box Boner the Cat Glass 7 July 23rd 05 05:07 AM
number of facets m4816k Jewelry 7 March 26th 05 09:59 PM
OT Humour: Changing a light bulb Rachel Janzen Needlework 5 June 18th 04 09:27 PM