Stained Glass Questions

Old October 23rd 03, 02:56 PM
Moonraker

"Artemis" wrote in message
Well appearently this is the wrong NG for me. I asked one question and

get
flamed. Moonraker has issues.

Awwwww, poor baby.

Buh, bye.

Old October 23rd 03, 03:30 PM
jk

"Artemis" wrote in message
Well appearently this is the wrong NG for me. I asked one question and

get
flamed. Moonraker has issues.

And no - I refuse to pay outragous prices on anything just because they

are
the only deal in town... I will look elsewhere.

Wait... wait.... I'll do the job for 1/2 of what those *******s quoted!!
On second thought... it may have been me? Where are you located? LOL

--
JK Sinrod NY
Sinrod Stained Glass

Old October 23rd 03, 06:00 PM
Andy T.

Yes, I'd also like to know by what you mean when you say "an arm and a
leg"? Even buying on line can be costly especially when you consider
the shipping and the wait. Let alone getting the wrong item or having
someone else pick out that special piece of Uroboros for you.
Remember, someone somewhere will always be willing to sell you
something cheaper than the next guy. Perhaps if you had a owned a
local business you might feel different.

Also, I'm curious...if your looking for places online then how do you
know your local shop is charging you an arm and a leg?

Andy

"Javahut" wrote in message ...
"Artemis" wrote in message
I was looking for Stained glass links (maybe some folks out here on this

NG
may have some), patterns, glass, tools, etc.

My closest store is charging an arm and a leg and has put my atrium on

hold
because of the price hike.

If this isn't the correct NG let me know and I will look for private

message
boards on the web. I was hoping that the members here may have the

answers
I need.

ARTEMIS
www.xenaholic.com

Well, now you have me curious? What part of the world are you in?
Long as you post the answer to that, might as well ask some more questions,
OK.
Let's hear about the project, are you going to become proficient in Stained
Glass Craftsmanship for one project? or more? what do you consider an "arm
and a leg"? Did they quote the job, then found that their price didn't
scare you so they went higher for no reason, or did you change the project
parameters?

You can get links from any search engine without any special tricks, if what
you want are answers, you need to post the questions.

Old October 23rd 03, 06:05 PM
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations.

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:28:03 -0500, "Artemis"
wrote:

Well appearently this is the wrong NG for me. I asked one question and get
flamed. Moonraker has issues.

And no - I refuse to pay outragous prices on anything just because they are
the only deal in town... I will look elsewhere.

Well, shucks, give us some more details, and
get some feedback based on data, instead of unsupported
opinion. For example...when you say "atrium", I tend
to think of a fairly LARGE project...which translates
to a lot of materials and a lot of labor...which
translates to a lot of cash.
What are you getting built? Where are you
(roughly...don't need your street address...city and
state would do, I suspect), what where THEY quoting?
Not interested in the job...just curious
as to what qualifies as "outrageous".
Regards
Dave Mundt

Old October 23rd 03, 06:40 PM
Javahut

Good lord man! Can't answer a question and then go shooting off at the
mouth?

Issues, I doubt it, but your post is the "same old, same old" want specifics
without giving enough info, yup, I'll stop what I'm doing to give you
answers to vague questions, obviously the guy who gave you such a high price
to scare you figured correctly and added the correct PIA factor.