new pictures (opinions wanted)

Old February 9th 04, 09:20 PM
Beadbimbo

Default new pictures (opinions wanted)

I've been playing and trying to get some good pictures. I'm not sure white
is the best background, but I tried it. I know cameras read for that 18%
grey level, so I had to really adjust the pictures after I took them.

This set bunny/spring set, I'm just not sure I like all these colors
together. Should I stick with just a couple of colors for the spacers? I
also think the white just doesn't photograph well.

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/bunflorals1.jpg

This lavender, I really had a hard time getting the colors right on. I had
them on a lt. blue shirt, and that didn't work at all. The white worked
better. Any comments on this photo?

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/lav1.jpg

And finally, this is just a millefiore set. I like the beads, just not sure
I'm happy with the photo. A little harsh?

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/mili1.jpg

TIA for any opinions or comments!
--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 9th 04, 09:34 PM
Beadbimbo

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/bunflorals2.jpg

Well, I figured out how to open the aperature, so the picture doesn't get
too dark! I like this one better.

--
Jerri (The Technobimbo)
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 9th 04, 10:02 PM
Jalynne

Not claiming to be a photography expert...but just sharing my thoughts from a
consumer point of view.

I think the bunny spring set is very cute. I would be tempted to photo it on a
pastel or colourwashed background, because the white would indeed pop out more.

The second one seems to be really shadowy to me..just my impression. Otherwise, it's
good.

The third one, i just don't think a white background does them justice. Try some
different colours, see what happens.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old February 9th 04, 10:35 PM
starlia

I have to agree with Jalynne. I photograph all my beads now with a neutral
or light pastel background. My two favorites are a tanish color and a very
pale pink. For some reason, digital cameras do not do well with white
backgrounds.

hlink.net...

Old February 9th 04, 10:51 PM
Dr. Sooz

This set bunny/spring set, I'm just not sure I like all these colors
together. Should I stick with just a couple of colors for the spacers? I
also think the white just doesn't photograph well.

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/bunflorals1.jpg

Jerri, IMO the multiple colors for the spacers works **great** for an Easter
theme. If it were simply spring, maybe you should stick with one or 2 colors,
but for Easter -- what could be better! Reminds me of all those hidden
foil-wrapped chocolates, or Easter eggs (dyed variety). Fabulous! BUT -- THAT
BUNNY!!! OMG THAT BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KLUNK I need to get a bunny bead. I really do. Either that, or a real
rabbit. ~crying~
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 9th 04, 10:53 PM
Dr. Sooz

Maybe photograph the bunny on a little swatch of shredded green felt?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 9th 04, 11:12 PM
Margie

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:34:49 -0500, "Beadbimbo"
wrote:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/bunflorals2.jpg

Well, I figured out how to open the aperature, so the picture doesn't get
too dark! I like this one better.

This picture is much better and I wouldn't change a thing about the
set, the only thing missing is the easter basket to put it in. :=)

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old February 9th 04, 11:13 PM
Kandice Seeber

This one is so much better!! Sooo pretty!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old February 9th 04, 11:13 PM
Tinkster

FAB U LOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very pretty and spring-like
(is any of that Czech glass???) and the photos are wonderful! Nice
work!

Tink

Old February 9th 04, 11:14 PM
Margie

wrote:

This lavender, I really had a hard time getting the colors right on. I had
them on a lt. blue shirt, and that didn't work at all. The white worked
better. Any comments on this photo?

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/lav1.jpg

It's a beautiful set and the white works but I wonder if a champagne
or something with the tiniest bit of color in it would work better.

I love the lampwork!

New Pictures! meijhana Beads 8 October 4th 03 07:00 PM
Pictures of new work and my webpage Marisa Cappetta Beads 12 September 21st 03 03:37 AM
Terribly OT opinions requested... Karlee in Kansas Beads 142 July 30th 03 01:50 AM
Pictures of my beads Kalera Stratton Beads 18 July 29th 03 11:55 PM
Tall Ships and Zoo Pictures: OT Tink Beads 3 July 17th 03 03:08 PM