Joys of S.E.X!!!

Old June 13th 04, 01:14 AM
Mika

Default Joys of S.E.X!!!

....two weekends in a row. And it was fabulous. Last Christmas, DH got me
tickets to a NASCAR race of my choice at either Dover, DE or Poconos in PA.
We both really wanted to go to the Monster Mile track in Dover so that's the
one I chose. So last weekend we were off to the races.

He had enough Marriott reward points that we stayed at the Courtyard in
Annapolis, MD for two night free. After hearing you all talk about G Street
Fabrics, I told him that I would really like to go. So Saturday afternoon
after we checked into the hotel, we set off on our fabric journey. We were
originally going to the one in Rockville but we decided to take a driving
tour of DC and ended up going to Potomac Mills. I was actually kind of
disappointed in G Street fabrics. The only fabric I bought was one piece for
a baby quilt. Their prices were a lot more expensive than what I expected
them to be. They had a lot of the same fabric that Walmart or JoAnn's has
for half the price. I couldn't tell any difference in the quality either. On
the way I finally got DH to understand what S.E.X is all about and we had
some good laughs about that.

But the weekend was not a disaster. We went to the races on Sunday thinking
that it was probably going to be rained out. But it wasn't. The best part
was that I got to see my friend win the race, right there in person. It was
just so awesome. It was a real treat too because we had been involved in a
wreck the Wednesday before Memorial Day and my back is in horrible shape
now. I feel like I've been living on pain pills and muscle relaxers for the
last couple of weeks. But oh well.

Then today....DH had to go to Auto Zone to get brakes for my car so I had
him drop me off at JoAnn's for some more S.E.X with my 50% off coupons. I
walked in the door and there in front of the cutting counter was two racks
of fabric marked down to $1.76/yd. I got one yard of 6 different fabrics, 5
yd of a baby fabric that I used one of my 50% coupons on, a 28 mm Olfa
rotary cutter that was marked down 50% and a Sulky thread case that I used
my other coupon on. So I'm a happy camper.

After Mardi posted about buying that thread on eBay that came from Turkey, I
decided to check it out. I ended up getting some of it too. I absolutely
love it. But I needed something to keep in and the Sulky case is perfect. I
had to come home and take some pain pills after walking around the store
though.

Well, I'm off to fondle my new fabrics now. You all have a terrific rest of
the weekend. Hugs to all.

Mika

Old June 13th 04, 01:21 AM
WhansaMi

Last Christmas, DH got me
tickets to a NASCAR race of my choice at either Dover, DE or Poconos in PA.
We both really wanted to go to the Monster Mile track in Dover so that's the
one I chose. So last weekend we were off to the races.

Ummm... and did you bother to contact me? Nooooo. ;-)

Did you get to see Jenny?

Glad you had a good time, though!

Sheila
Old June 13th 04, 02:16 AM
nbhilyard

G Street is like Vogue Fabrics (Evanston, IL)--their real strength is in
fashion fabric. I still have stuff I bought at G Street years ago, and
don't get me started about how I go broke saving money in Vogue's remnant
section.

Nann

Old June 13th 04, 04:01 AM
Joanna

I'm really jealous now. Not sure of which I'm more jealous of the NASCAR
or the S.E.X. Both hubby and I watch NASCAR. We plan our weekends around
it. It's one of the very few shows that both him and I like. Going would
be a major expense though cuz we are now in Alberta, Canada. Maybe for
our fifth anniversary or something. Glad you had fun. Sorry to hear
about your back. I was involved in a mva more then ten years ago and
still suffer some days.
Take Care
Joanna

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old June 14th 04, 05:57 AM
Mika

"WhansaMi" wrote in message
Last Christmas, DH got me
tickets to a NASCAR race of my choice at either Dover, DE or Poconos in

PA.
We both really wanted to go to the Monster Mile track in Dover so that's

the
one I chose. So last weekend we were off to the races.

Ummm... and did you bother to contact me? Nooooo. ;-)

Ooooppsss, umm well to be honest, I totally forgot that you are in the D.C.
area. I am so sorry Sheila. I should have remembered that. You will have to
email your phone number to me so that the next time I'm down that way I can
call you for a meet-up or something.

Did you get to see Jenny?

They were having SD's graduation party and couldn't meet up with us. AJ had
family in and was busy so we didn't get to see either one of them. But we'll
have other trips down there. DH goes to Baltimore and Andrews AFB frequently
to inspect aircraft. So next opportunity I get to go with him, I will
definitely let you know and see if we can get together for lunch or
something.

Glad you had a good time, though!

Thanks. We really did have a wonderful time. We came home tired but happy.

Mika

Old June 14th 04, 06:04 AM
Mika

"nbhilyard" wrote in message
G Street is like Vogue Fabrics (Evanston, IL)--their real strength is in
fashion fabric. I still have stuff I bought at G Street years ago, and
don't get me started about how I go broke saving money in Vogue's remnant
section.

They definitely had the fashion fabrics. There was a lot of stuff on the
remnant shelves but a lot of it was not to my taste. I'm more into bright
colors and marbles/handdyes and their remnant shelves had more floral and
darker colors and a lot of juvenile prints. I guess they had a lot of the
fall prints up there. It was fun picking through the stuff though.

Mika

Old June 14th 04, 06:29 AM
Mika

"Joanna" wrote in message
I'm really jealous now. Not sure of which I'm more jealous of the NASCAR
or the S.E.X. Both hubby and I watch NASCAR. We plan our weekends around
it. It's one of the very few shows that both him and I like. Going would
be a major expense though cuz we are now in Alberta, Canada. Maybe for
our fifth anniversary or something. Glad you had fun. Sorry to hear
about your back. I was involved in a mva more then ten years ago and
still suffer some days.

Well, they both are good so what can I say. In fact the very first NASCAR
race that I got to go to was at Texas Motor Speedway in 1999. After about
the 20th lap into the race I looked at DH and said "You know this is almost
as good as and org*sm!!!" and he just looked at me and shook his head. He
said "Yeah. Leave it to you to compare a race to sex!" It has been a joke
between us ever since. So now when we get to enjoy S.E.X. and the thrill of
the race in person it is just the ultimate. I hope you and your hubby do
get the opportunity to attend a race at least one time. Just for the sheer
thrill of it. What part of Alberta are you in? Is that where you and DH are
from or have you recently moved there? If either of you have family in the
states that you visit, maybe you could plan a visit with a race thrown in
there. You would love it being there in person.

Mika

An OT bit, a happy dance, some S.E.X. and a question :) Little Black Bird Needlework 2 January 29th 05 06:25 PM
S.E.X & Stash S & A Needlework 6 April 11th 04 04:31 AM
It has begun. :D S.E.X mentioned. :D AlenasMom Quilting 0 October 20th 03 07:36 PM
S.E.X in the post! ;) Kate Dicey Quilting 4 October 13th 03 12:56 PM
Weekend workshops and Birthday S.E.X. Bob & Marg Whittleton Needlework 2 September 23rd 03 06:38 PM