Latest Happy Dance

Old May 2nd 04, 11:19 PM
deMoMo

Default Latest Happy Dance

I have been a busy, busy girl lately, unfortunatley not with quilting things
for the most part, but I did manage to finish a wedding gift for my little
brother, as well as rag quilts for his brides two kids. The wedding gift
can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/user/demomo . Click on Quilts,
then on Joseph and Amy. It's a Three Bean Salad pattern, and it went
together fairly quickly, and I thought it went together easily, but I got a
call from the woman who was doing the quilting letting me know that the
borders were, to say the least, wonky. She and her PIQ (partner in
quilting) were kind enough to remove the borders and reattach them for me.
And she also promised to help me out the next time I decide to do a pattern
with bias edges and wide borders. I'm all for getting some help!

- Melinda.

Old May 2nd 04, 11:36 PM
Shirley Ellen

Just beautiful Melinda. I see your QI's approve too.

Shirley in BC

--
My Quilt Site
http://ca.geocities.com/meadow1951/index.html

Inspiring Thoughts
http://members.tripod.com/inspiring-thoughts/index.html

Old May 3rd 04, 01:22 AM
DDM

Really very nice, Melinda. Where did you have it quilted? I like the way
Jann's quilt turned out too. That block you came up with is a winner.
We'll have to get together again as soon as you start leading a less busy
life.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old May 3rd 04, 07:20 AM
Patti

It's lovely Melinda.
They'll be thrilled to have such a great wedding gift.
..
In article , deMoMo
writes
I have been a busy, busy girl lately, unfortunatley not with quilting things
for the most part, but I did manage to finish a wedding gift for my little
brother, as well as rag quilts for his brides two kids. The wedding gift
can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/user/demomo . Click on Quilts,
then on Joseph and Amy. It's a Three Bean Salad pattern, and it went
together fairly quickly, and I thought it went together easily, but I got a
call from the woman who was doing the quilting letting me know that the
borders were, to say the least, wonky. She and her PIQ (partner in
quilting) were kind enough to remove the borders and reattach them for me.
And she also promised to help me out the next time I decide to do a pattern
with bias edges and wide borders. I'm all for getting some help!

- Melinda.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 4th 04, 04:44 PM
deMoMo

A friend of mine from the Heart and Hand Quilt Guild (in Hilton, NY)
has purchased a longarm Gammill machine, and is taking in quilting to
be done.

And as for getting together.....I'm all for it!! I was thinking about
taking some time off for the shop hop in June, since I've never done
one before!

Old May 4th 04, 05:03 PM
Shirley.Caylor

These are all beautiful quilts. I especially like Jahn's quilt. They are
wonderful.

Thanks for sharing
Shirley Caylor

Old May 5th 04, 12:00 AM
DDM

I picked up a brochure on the shop hop and it is ...somewhere. You'll like
it...they're lots of fun.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

om...