Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

Old February 6th 18, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Martha Beth Lewis

Default Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

I've been out of the needlework teaching and writing loop for a couple of years and out of the RCTN loop for several more than that. This does not mean I haven't been stitching, generating more UFOs, or participating in SEX, however! (Just last night, a friend upped my quotient of UFOs and SEX toys when she turned over her stash and unfinished projects!)

How lovely to see some of the old guard still posting!

Hope you've been having a great time with your needle and thread!
mb
Old February 7th 18, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:47:52 -0800 (PST), Martha Beth Lewis
wrote:

I've been out of the needlework teaching and writing loop for a couple of years and out of the RCTN loop for several more than that. This does not mean I haven't been stitching, generating more UFOs, or participating in SEX, however! (Just last night, a friend upped my quotient of UFOs and SEX toys when she turned over her stash and unfinished projects!)

How lovely to see some of the old guard still posting!

Hope you've been having a great time with your needle and thread!
mb

Nice to see you again! There aren't the quantity of posts it's true,
but we still breathe
Old February 7th 18, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arliss Link[_2_]

Wow. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondering what you’ve been up to. I know Kathy Dyer has given up on needlework because she’s so busy (she gave me all her Kreinik threads when she traveled to North Dakota a number of years ago). She’s apparently the kind that has to stay very busy, while I’m happy to sit back and enjoy my retirement.

I’ve kind of lost my stitching mojo but hope to get it back. I have too many WIP but might need to start something new, just to get me going again.

Happy to see you back, MB

Arliss
Old February 8th 18, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Martha Beth Lewis

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:04:55 PM UTC-6, Arliss Link wrote:
Wow. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondering what you’ve been up to. I know Kathy Dyer has given up on needlework because she’s so busy (she gave me all her Kreinik threads when she traveled to North Dakota a number of years ago). She’s apparently the kind that has to stay very busy, while I’m happy to sit back and enjoy my retirement.

I’ve kind of lost my stitching mojo but hope to get it back. I have too many WIP but might need to start something new, just to get me going again.

Happy to see you back, MB

Arliss

I retired and left California. I have 187 pcs of needlework to hang and have "lost walls" to an open floor plan. (And I also have all of my mother's framed pieces and pillows.)

A well-known nwk shop is about 15 minutes from my new place, so I'm in no danger of being without supplies. Hah! Especially since my mother gave me her ENTIRE stash because she can't see well enough, anymore (she's 96); and a friend gave me all of hers (including her UFOs - as tho I need more of those!). I'm trying to organize my office, which now doubles as a pattern-filing room. As with anyone else, my fabric and thread and goodies stash is distributed in...um...several places.

Right now I'm trying to finish a set of 5 Scots angels. They were designed to be Chr ornaments, but I decided to make them into a sampler so I could enjoy all of them year 'round. Naturally, I made them much more complex than needed, including researching tartan patterns and translating them to a much-smaller scale. That was a challenge!

I'm not teaching at festivals - I'm not sure there even ARE any, anymore! Not writing for magazines, either, but I am contemplating starting that again.

~~

So, Kathy retired?

~~

Arliss, thank you for your welcoming words! Good to hear from you again!
mb

Old February 8th 18, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

Link wrote:
[...]

I believe that Celebrations in NH is still going on each
spring, but otherwise, I haven't heard of anything similar
to SOCS still active.

I haven't been doing much stitching lately and no designing,
although every once in awhile I feel the urge to complete
"The Gatherings" since I had only published Spring and
Fall back in the day.

Lots of stash, so that's not a problem. I've loaned out
a number of patterns (mostly ML-I) to a friend since she
got the stitching urge again.

More knitting, occasionally a sewing project, most most
of my time is taken up by reading. Love my Kindles! Once
the weather improves, I'll probably be out trying yet again
to outwit the deer and other critters who think my vegetable
garden is an all you can eat buffet.

Nyssa, who also needs to reinstall her design software on
a computer that can actually run it

Old February 8th 18, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arliss Link[_2_]

I lurk both here and on Facebook. There really isn’t anything wrong with Facebook, and I’ve reconnected with high school and college friends through it.
Old February 8th 18, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arliss Link[_2_]

We wouldn’t want to be without supplies! I have been ordering from around the country, but mostly from Needle in a Haystack. I was frustrated with the way things were changing at Nordic Needle - and then they went out of business. Well, the bricks and mortar store is closed. I think they had hoped to maintain an online presence, but they don’t seem to be getting in new things, and their emails are all pointing to a complete shutdown. I can’t imagine how Roz and Sue must feel - but they did sell it, so it’s not on them.

There apparently are only very small needlework festivals left, with most being just a weekend or so. Even ANG has dropped its annual seminar from 8 days to 5. Very disappointing. But there are cruises, including river and sea, around the UK and Europe. Very expensive cruises!

Kathy is semi-retired from Livermore Labs. Her acting, dancing, church choir, and volunteering with the Livermore Police Department seem to take up a lot of her time. I haven’t seen her for probably 3 years. She was in ND and Montana while I was enjoying a trip to the UK with my sister, her husband (and 44 others) in 2016.
Old February 8th 18, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 13:09:19 -0500, Nyssa
wrote:

More knitting, occasionally a sewing project, most most
of my time is taken up by reading. Love my Kindles! Once
the weather improves, I'll probably be out trying yet again
to outwit the deer and other critters who think my vegetable
garden is an all you can eat buffet.

This sounds terrible but worked very well for me when I lived outside
town and was persecuted by deer in the garden - you need to put some
urine in a spray bottle and go out and spray around where you don't
want them. It really works and I feel it is probably obvious as it
would be like another animal leaving marker scent around. The deer
just find it confusing and decide to plunder elsewhere

Nyssa, who also needs to reinstall her design software on
a computer that can actually run it

OT - Gum drop fruitcakes Donna in Idaho Quilting 16 December 3rd 04 01:34 AM
Drop Ship Joseph Olivier Jewelry 2 October 21st 04 02:22 AM
Drop Ship Joe & Judy's Discount Jewelry Jewelry 1 October 9th 04 08:20 PM
CD Drop Spindle Randee Yarn 5 November 18th 03 03:29 PM
Second Gum Drop hat finished! Linda Yarn 1 July 13th 03 04:09 PM