OT fleece pants

Old September 17th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default OT fleece pants

I remember in discussion on the possible usages or sergers, someone
mentioned whipping up fleece pants for themselves. I'd like to do this
for me and my kids, can anyone point me to a pattern or instructions as
to how to make them fit correctly! Once I know what to do, I'll just
have to watch for a sale on fleece at Joanns or use my 40% off coupon.

Cheers
Anne
Old September 17th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Anne, my fleece pants are pajama pants are loose and comfy with an elastic
waist. I carefully cut a newspaper patter from existing pants, then add an
inch or so to each side to make them baggy---just right to slip on after
supper to relax and read a book. Don't know if this is what you wanted to
know, but you are welcome to e-mail me off line if I can help.
Barbara in SC

Old September 17th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

I made some from a Green Pepper pattern #505. Both my JoAnn's store and
the local Hancock's carry some Green Pepper patterns; I don't remember
where I got this one. The pants do fit fairly snug, which I wanted
because I wanted them for biking. The zippers are a bit tricky, but you
could leave out the pockets. If you want easier pockets, I'd suggest
getting a "scrubs" pattern rather than a pajama pants pattern. Remember
fleece has a bit of stretch, so you might not need to cut them as big as
you would flannel pants.

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Old September 17th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I just worked with a pattern for scrubs and it had an interesting pouch type
pocket across the front. I didn't use the 'pouch' but you might want to be
aware of the pockets in the pattern. If you want simple, the pockets would
have to be worked out of the pattern.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 17th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Except with fleece, you could make patch pockets without turning any
edge under, as it doesn't fray. They wouldn't add any trickiness to the
pattern. They would be enough for a hankie or tissue etc?
..
In message , Leslie& The Furbabies
in MO. writes
I just worked with a pattern for scrubs and it had an interesting pouch
type pocket across the front. I didn't use the 'pouch' but you might
want to be aware of the pockets in the pattern. If you want simple,
the pockets would have to be worked out of the pattern.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 18th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:36:58 -0500, Anne Rogers wrote
(in article ):

I remember in discussion on the possible usages or sergers, someone
mentioned whipping up fleece pants for themselves. I'd like to do this
for me and my kids, can anyone point me to a pattern or instructions as
to how to make them fit correctly! Once I know what to do, I'll just
have to watch for a sale on fleece at Joanns or use my 40% off coupon.

Cheers
Anne

I've never done this, but I'd guess you could probably use one the
McCalls/Butterick/Simplicity type patterns for elastic waist pajama bottoms
to do this. Probably all of the major pattern companies would have some sort
of pull-on pajama pant pattern in various sizes.

Maureen

pajama pants betsy Sewing 5 February 13th 07 09:24 PM
Fitting Pants Louise Sewing 5 December 14th 06 07:25 PM
Help with material for pants. Johnny Sewing 1 October 11th 06 11:43 PM
ironing pants Dr.Quilter Quilting 1 July 12th 04 04:07 PM
pants advice help please!!!! dnmgiordano Sewing 4 December 6th 03 05:24 PM