knitting rags

Old July 30th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default knitting rags

It has been years since i tore old clothes to knit/weave with ,,, i
think it time again , stuff piles up . what i can repair /recycle i
do ,, what can be donated was donated , and still ,,, i have my own
stuff and , Because people know i do it , they give me more bags with
stuff , which i sort out for recycling /donating/ giving to friends
who can use it as is or remaking it ,,, and still ,,,,, i need to do
more , thus maybe another round of rag knitting and weaving will have
a good result on my closets !!!!
mirjam
Old July 30th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"mirjam" wrote in message
It has been years since i tore old clothes to knit/weave with ,,, i
think it time again , stuff piles up . what i can repair /recycle i
do ,, what can be donated was donated , and still ,,, i have my own
stuff and , Because people know i do it , they give me more bags with
stuff , which i sort out for recycling /donating/ giving to friends
who can use it as is or remaking it ,,, and still ,,,,, i need to do
more , thus maybe another round of rag knitting and weaving will have
a good result on my closets !!!!
mirjam

What kinds of things do you make with the rags?

Murielle

Old July 30th 09, 06:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message
It has been years since i tore old clothes to knit/weave with ,,, i
think it time again , stuff piles up . what i can repair /recycle i
do ,, what can be donated was donated , and still ,,, i have my own
stuff and , Because people know i do it , they give me more bags with
stuff , which i sort out for recycling /donating/ giving to friends
who can use it as is or remaking it ,,, and still ,,,,, i need to do
more , thus maybe another round of rag knitting and weaving will have
a good result on my closets !!!!
mirjam

Do you weave "rag rugs"? You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.
DA

Old July 31st 09, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Do you weave "rag rugs"? *You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.
DA

i use very strong Cotton [ the kind that is used by builders etc,,,
But to give it some `Interest` , i also throw in several Colored
cotton threads , in groups of 8-16
This will cause some of the Cloth weft to look different + a nice
elongate lengthway stripe o the work .
mirjam
Old July 31st 09, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

What kinds of things do you make with the rags?

Murielle
Using Rags
I wove bedside rugs , Wall rugs [ mainly for bedsides ] children`s
blankets, bags , dolls , Cushions and last not Least FIBERART works ,
pot holders .

i knitted/crocheted dolls, bags, hair adornments , Vests [ from same
materials as matching skirt ] "baskets" , Curtains , TableRunner , pot
holders.
mirjam

Old July 31st 09, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

DA wrote:

Do you weave "rag rugs"? You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.

I have done a "toothbrush rug" made by cutting the good parts of an old
sheet that had colors I loved into strips
(http://www.toothbrushrug.com/) and using it for a bath mat and am going
to make more for dog crate mats.
Old July 31st 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Jul 31, 10:04*am, Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
DA wrote:

Do you weave "rag rugs"? *You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.

I have done a "toothbrush rug" made by cutting the good parts of an old
sheet that had colors I loved into strips
(http://www.toothbrushrug.com/) and using it for a bath mat and am going
to make more for dog crate mats.

Thank you , that is lovely , but my point wan`t buying any kits , i
really wanted to Finish my Own piled up leftovers etc...
But it was interesting reading
mirjam
Old August 1st 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"mirjam" wrote in message

What kinds of things do you make with the rags?

Murielle
Using Rags
I wove bedside rugs , Wall rugs [ mainly for bedsides ] children`s
blankets, bags , dolls , Cushions and last not Least FIBERART works ,
pot holders .

i knitted/crocheted dolls, bags, hair adornments , Vests [ from same
materials as matching skirt ] "baskets" , Curtains , TableRunner , pot
holders.
mirjam

Mirjam,

Now when I go through my closet I will have another option besides, donate
and dump.

Thank you,
Murielle

Old August 1st 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Murielle

You are welcome happy creative times !!!
mirjam
Old August 1st 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

mirjam wrote:

Thank you , that is lovely , but my point wan`t buying any kits , i
really wanted to Finish my Own piled up leftovers etc...
But it was interesting reading

Mirjam, if I can do this without buying a kit, you can, too. I just
read about it somewhere, looked it up on the Internet and found the link
I posted to you among others, make a tool out of a toothbrush, ripped up
an old sheet that I loved the colors of but couldn't use as a sheet, and
did it.