Ot are all lost in wooly lands

Old November 27th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot are all lost in wooly lands

It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????
mirjam
Old November 28th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????
mirjam

I was thinking the same thing Mirjam!!!!

Its winter now, where is every one?

We miss you all.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old November 28th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lee
Best wishes for POOR MISS Lama ,, i think they are the Cutest animals
,, mirjam
it is a bit slow here today. i've got a sick llama, so she's
keeping me a bit occupied. she's on thiamine & penicillin
injections twice/day for at least another week & a half. i
need to try to get her standing tomorrow, as she's been down
for a week now & that's really bad for her circulation &
muscles. she's really dizzy though, so she doesn't want to
get up. we think she has an ear infection.
oh, & i'm just finishing tidying up the ends on a kitty i
knit. once that's done, i'll felt it. it's for my mom for
the holidays.
lee

Old November 28th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Well Dennis 2 heads are always Better than one !!!!

hahahah

i count my days [ 2 more to schlep ] till cast comes of,,,
am EAGER TO KNITTTTTTTTTTTT
mirjam

Old November 28th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Yes two heads are better.

I hope you get to knit soon friend.
Dennis

Old November 28th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:55:40 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????

Mirjam

I'm here. I've been busy helping my friend make scarves for sale in a
local store. We're trying for a variety to appeal to different
people, long skinny scarves in soft and fuzzy or (longer strands) of
eyelash yarn that can be worn straight, wrapped around the neck and
draped, or keyhole style (doubled over and ends pulled through the
center like a very informal necktie).

I can't seem to coax lace out of my Brother no matter what I do. I
reread the section about problems, so apparently, Brother knew it's
really hard to get lace out of the machine.

In spare time, I'm trying to find charted lace patterns I can
"translate" to the manual machines that don't take too terribly long,
because I think 1-2 knit lace scarves would go over well.

I have to say I'm finding the info in Susan Guagliumi's Hand
Manipulated Stitches For Machine Knitters and the June 1997 issue of
Fashion Knitting invaluable in explaining how machine transfers relate
to their hand knit counterparts. I KNOW how to do by hand sl1
knitwise, k2tog, psso by hand, but how to do it on the machine was
confusing until I found these resources. Both also give in depth info
on how to read lace charts.

Leah
Old November 28th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

I am here. I am attempting to try the Emily Ocker Cast on. I am trying to
knit a hat/scarf combination that uses that method of cast on for 8
stitches. When I do get the cast on right, I keep dropping the stitches off
the dp needles. I tried the magic loop method but I don't have a needle in
the right size that is long enough. Next I will try two ciccular needles. My
husband watches me when I try to get knitting started (casting on can be
very frustrating at times) and says, "I thought knitting was supposed to be
relaxing?"
Marilyn

Old November 29th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default Help on Emily Ocker Cast on

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+Sea rch
Marilyn,
I hope the pages found here will help you on the problem you are having.

If not please post again, one of us will figure out your problem.

Hugs & God bless,

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ???? mirjam

I was thinking the same thing Mirjam!!!!

Its winter now, where is every one?

We miss you all.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

And another (with many thanks to Wooly) Vintage Purls Yarn 14 January 10th 07 11:40 AM
Wooly! YarnWright Yarn 1 June 18th 06 07:51 PM
OT `Lost` land with all thosel lost things was RANT Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 January 16th 06 05:13 PM
WOOLY??? Spinning Lilac Yarn 0 November 18th 05 09:56 PM
Att'n: Wooly, oh Wooly!!!! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 August 10th 05 08:56 PM