OT sort of - men quilters?

Old January 29th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT sort of - men quilters?

Kay, my DH, the Count, makes quilts. Nancycog in MD

Old January 29th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No chance of viewing them by accident either, they are on the latter
half of that particular page and after a warning banner.

Just stay out of the personal section and all you see are the quilts.

NightMist

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:02:07 +0100, "Jessamy"
wrote:

personal photo's - some body painting and skimpy outfits

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

quicker)

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old January 29th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tristan Blakeman is awesome: http://www.manmadequilts.com/
Phil Jones: http://members.aol.com/philjay/ArtSpace.html
There's a couple of other guys on Quilt Art who do awesome work: their
names will come to me in the middle of the night and I won't remember why I
wanted to know. *grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
. ..
Need help again. . . . This time I'm making a webpage for a possible
quilting club we might start with students at our middle school. We have
a couple of boys who quilt. I thought I would put links on the webpage to
sites of men who quilt. Ricky Tims, John Flynn, Mark Lapinski. That's
all I know of.

Who are some other guys who quilt?
Thanks.
--
Kay Ahr
Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA

Old January 29th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And middle school kids are, of course, going to abide by the warning? Wow!
your kids are sure less inquisitive than the ones I hang out with--even with
my Sunday School students, that would have been too much to resist
ESPECIALLY if there's a warning! [I didn't see the warning banner, just ran
across the photos ---which IMHO are silly than sexy, especially with the
flowers!]

The quilts are indeed wonderful, but my guess is someone's mom is going to
get her knickers in a twist if this site is included as a link on a middle
school's web page....which was the point of the original question.

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old January 29th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Exactly. I've looked at every page on his site and didn't see any FFN.

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
WHERE???? All I saw were some fantastic quilts!!! Boy, is he talented.

quicker)

"KI Graham" wrote in message
Warning: This one's probably not appropriate for a middle-school webpage:
full frontal nudity is just too grade-six giggle making, I'm afraid!
--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
www.manmadequilts.com

. ..

Old January 29th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

and that is very sad....

KI Graham wrote:
And middle school kids are, of course, going to abide by the warning? Wow!
your kids are sure less inquisitive than the ones I hang out with--even with
my Sunday School students, that would have been too much to resist
ESPECIALLY if there's a warning! [I didn't see the warning banner, just ran
across the photos ---which IMHO are silly than sexy, especially with the
flowers!]

The quilts are indeed wonderful, but my guess is someone's mom is going to
get her knickers in a twist if this site is included as a link on a middle
school's web page....which was the point of the original question.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old January 29th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My son does too. His quilt is on my webshots page. He was 9ish when he
made that.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Carissa in BC
"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Kay Ahr wrote:

Need help again. . . . This time I'm making a webpage for a possible
quilting club we might start with students at our middle school. We have
a couple of boys who quilt. I thought I would put links on the webpage
to sites of men who quilt. Ricky Tims, John Flynn, Mark Lapinski.
That's all I know of.

Who are some other guys who quilt?
Thanks.

My son James does! He's 11, and there are pix of him at work on my
web site, so that might encourage your young quilters.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old January 29th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

lol It was the first thing I found. I was thinking someone sent the wrong
link in. I wonder what that means??? lol Always find the naked guys first
lol

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Carissa in BC
remove the dot before the @ for direct email
nk.net...

"KI Graham" wrote in message
Warning: This one's probably not appropriate for a middle-school
webpage:
full frontal nudity is just too grade-six giggle making, I'm afraid!
--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
www.manmadequilts.com

. ..

Old January 29th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yeah, it's there, but people just need to get over it. The man makes
amazing quilts and is a gifted artist. It's not pornography and if folks
are afraid it will turn their son gay to see a man with a healthy body
image, they need their head examined.

I vote for sending the link. Those quilts are freaking awesome.

Cindy

nk.net...

"KI Graham" wrote in message
Warning: This one's probably not appropriate for a middle-school
webpage:
full frontal nudity is just too grade-six giggle making, I'm afraid!
--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
www.manmadequilts.com

. ..

Old January 29th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Dave Daniels has a page of links to male quilters on his site:
http://www.quilthorizon.com/links.htm

I'm enjoying checking out some of the work on these sites...some is quite
amazing, and begs the question: Why does Kaffe Fasset get so much attention?
[And, if I understand correctly, he's not a quilter, he's a designer who has
other people make his quilts?]

EG: the home page quilt on http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jvandernoot/
Wow! Thanks for the impetus to start looking, Kay. This was fun!

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
. ..
Need help again. . . . This time I'm making a webpage for a possible
quilting club we might start with students at our middle school. We have
a couple of boys who quilt. I thought I would put links on the webpage to
sites of men who quilt. Ricky Tims, John Flynn, Mark Lapinski. That's
all I know of.

Who are some other guys who quilt?
Thanks.
--
Kay Ahr
Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

How Many Quilters Does it Take to....answers Diana Curtis Quilting 15 November 11th 04 10:13 PM
When Quilters Disagree Joan Quilting 7 January 17th 04 02:22 AM
Quilters are great people!! Eli Quilting 3 January 11th 04 03:09 PM
OT - sort of Roz in Montreal Quilting 2 December 20th 03 05:13 PM
Sort of OT, ad kinda - update on website, including Bead Notes Kandice Seeber Beads 25 July 17th 03 01:09 AM