Houston winner!

Old October 27th 05, 05:14 AM
Debra

Default Houston winner!

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:47:49 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20IQA%20winners/

Don't worry! These were all posted BY the HOUSTON SHOW!!!! :-) No wonder
Tina was gaga!
I don't know why I bother buying fabric and thread sometimes These are
fabulous! Enjoy!

I want to know how the moon was done on this one! Anybody have any
ideas?
http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20I...tarcrossed.jpg
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 27th 05, 11:48 AM
Nann Hilyard

Default Chicago won! Houston winner!

I didn't get to the newsgroup until this morning --
so my immediate response is, "No!! Chicago's the winner!"

(Oh -- those ARE gorgeous quilts!)

Nann
in northeastern Illinois
delighted at the Sox success!!

newsIT7f.516846$xm3.272997@attbi_s21...

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old October 27th 05, 12:26 PM
MB

And here I just want to make a simple Pineapple quilt !!!....I've had the
special ruler for years and it still has its wrappings on !!....Mary/vt

"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20I...ppleFlambe.jpg

This is the quilt I was talking about in the other thread to Taria,
about learning Pineapple. This quilt is the one where she says she
used 999 pieces ! It is BREATHTAKING!

Tina

Old October 27th 05, 03:05 PM
KJ

Looks like a sheer fabric of some kind. Do you suppose she was lucky enough
to find one with an opaque pattern in it? That's the difference between
that level of quilter and me. She would see that fabric as a fabulous moon
and I would walk by it because it isn't "quilting" fabric. Gosh, if I think
I have storage problems now...think how bad it would be if everything in a
fabric store is fair game for my quilts! ARRRGGGHHH an nightmare!
KJ

Old October 27th 05, 03:31 PM
Debra

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:05:16 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

Looks like a sheer fabric of some kind. Do you suppose she was lucky enough
to find one with an opaque pattern in it? That's the difference between
that level of quilter and me. She would see that fabric as a fabulous moon
and I would walk by it because it isn't "quilting" fabric. Gosh, if I think
I have storage problems now...think how bad it would be if everything in a
fabric store is fair game for my quilts! ARRRGGGHHH an nightmare!
KJ

I wonder if it is the same sort of process as the one used in the
Ghost Layers that Susan used to make the first quilt on her web page
http://members.cox.net/kratersge/ Those layers are really cool.

Hee Hee. I know what you mean about stash storage problems. I have
lots of non-quilting fabric and would not mind finding a way to use
some of it really effectively in quilts.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 27th 05, 03:42 PM
Roberta Zollner

I'd guess varying layers of gauze plus embroidery, over printed red and
black background fabrics to get that different detail. And the whole moon
unit might be pieced into the main part to get such a sharp edge.
Roberta in D

Old October 27th 05, 05:12 PM
marbles_2

Wow!!!!!! I'm still drooling...... Thanks for the link, Kathy.

I just think I gotta buy tons more fabric and threads and take every
class available and practice, practice, practice. Might have to give up
my job..... But oh! What a lovely quilting obsession fantasy that would
be!!!

Annie

Old October 27th 05, 09:37 PM
Donna

Gosh, Kathyl, those are some absolutely wonderful quilts!!! Thanks for
sharing.

--
Donna in NE La.