Houston winner!

Old October 26th 05, 11:47 PM
KJ

Default Houston winner!

http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20IQA%20winners/

Don't worry! These were all posted BY the HOUSTON SHOW!!!! :-) No wonder
Tina was gaga!
I don't know why I bother buying fabric and thread sometimes These are
fabulous! Enjoy!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old October 26th 05, 11:57 PM
teleflora

"KJ" wrote in message
newsIT7f.516846$xm3.272997@attbi_s21...
http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20IQA%20winners/

Don't worry! These were all posted BY the HOUSTON SHOW!!!! :-) No
wonder Tina was gaga!
I don't know why I bother buying fabric and thread sometimes These are
fabulous! Enjoy!

Oh, me too! I might become a good craftsman, but an artist I will never be.
God gave me a good eye for appreciation, but very little talent. But I am
ok with that.

Cindy

Old October 27th 05, 12:12 AM
Taria

Sharon Schanber does beautiful work. She was at Road to CA. last year
as featured artist. My favorite thing I remember from that show was
people just going crazy over her work. It is so amazing but someone
looking at it whispered to a friend "I could do this but I have a life".
Most of us quilt for the joy not the prestige or pay. We do it for that
reason. Wish I was there : )
Taria

Old October 27th 05, 12:31 AM
teleflora

"Taria" wrote in message
Sharon Schanber does beautiful work. She was at Road to CA. last year as
featured artist. My favorite thing I remember from that show was
people just going crazy over her work. It is so amazing but someone
looking at it whispered to a friend "I could do this but I have a life".
Most of us quilt for the joy not the prestige or pay. We do it for that
reason. Wish I was there : )
Taria

I cannot believe that anyone would have the gall to say something like that.
Oh, that makes me mad. And that is a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt. But I have
to be honest, I loved the next 2 Baltimore Album quilts more. I don't know,
they just "spoke" to me.

Oh, I wish I was there.

Cindy

Old October 27th 05, 12:51 AM
Donna in Idaho

I saw several of Phil Beaver's quilts in person at the NQA quilt show in
Peoria, Illinois last year. He is an amazing quilter. The picture of his
quilt that won honorable mention is in the Art Pictorial catagory and I'm
sure does not even begin to do it justice. I had never heard of the man
until the NQA show.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old October 27th 05, 12:54 AM
KJ

I was a little surprised to see such traditional quilts as winners. There
always seems to be an undercurrent about the Houston show as being very
"artsy" as opposed to Paducah. I think it's more reputation than reality.
Houston may have started the art quilt phase quicker than AQS (I'm merely
speculating...no facts.). There are beauties in each category!
KJ

Old October 27th 05, 02:49 AM
Tina

http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20I..._Medallion.jpg

Wow, it's cool to see that so many of the quilts I loved and took
pictures of, were also award winners. Tonight, my camera is STILL
downloading as I am reading the NG! 196 pictures! LOL

The link I posted above, is from the site Kathyl posted. I have
SEVERAL pictures of this quilt myself! This is THE quilt that helped
me make my decision that I WILL learn to do log cabins. This quilt is
SO AWESOME in person - even the pictures is not half as beautiful as
the quilt itself!

I have SOOSO much admiration for the maker of this quilt!

Tina, still AWED in Houston

Old October 27th 05, 02:54 AM
Tina

http://www.quilts.org/IQA/f%2005%20I...ppleFlambe.jpg

This is the quilt I was talking about in the other thread to Taria,
about learning Pineapple. This quilt is the one where she says she
used 999 pieces ! It is BREATHTAKING!

Tina

Old October 27th 05, 03:36 AM
C & S

Those are amazing! Thanks for providing the link. I would love to have an
estimate of the time it took to complete one of those quilts. I can't begin
to fathom.

Carole in AW
Champlain, NY

Old October 27th 05, 04:14 AM
Taria

Wow!
Maybe we all need to do a pineapple challenge?
Taria