Here I go (actually working on something)

Old October 26th 05, 08:04 AM
Patti

Default HAPPY DANCING WAS Here I go (actually working on something)

That's really super, Tricia. Very well done.
Love the fabrics too.
..
In message .com,
Tricia writes
http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

That should get you to my main album. I think only the one called
Quilt Stuff is public. The first three pictures in there are of my
carppy item in progress that has been in progress for years now (the
one I took to my first guild meeting earlier this month).

The ones that are numbers are the pictures of what I did tonight --
lighting sucks but everytime I used the flash it completely whited out.

The other one is a picture of me at my new house -- mom took the
picture when she came to visit in Sept.

Still jigging away,

Tricia

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 05, 08:06 AM
Patti

Check out medallion quilts (Jinny Beyer in particular), then you could
use your pineapple as the centre and do some simple pieced plus some
'just fabric' borders around it to make ... whatever!
..
In message .com,
Tricia writes
Once I figured out what I was doing and got into a routine with the
different steps I did enjoy myself a lot. It felt good to be creating.

Now I gotta figure out what to do with the completed block....

Hmm...

T.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 05, 10:37 AM
Sally Swindells

Lovely - a block I must try.

I have started trying to take pictures only outside, with the camera
set on portrait for individual blocks. Seems to be the best for me to
get somewhere near the right colours. Even then some photos are too
light/dark. If its too windy I pull back the conservatory roof blinds
and try in there.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 26th 05, 10:40 AM
Sally Swindells

Jinny Beyer strikes again! She has got a very good website too.
http://www.jinnybeyer.com/index.cfm
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

.

Old October 26th 05, 11:05 AM
Patti

Yes indeed! Her book on medallion quilts (it might now be out of print
- a very kind friend sent me my copy) is just wonderful. So full of
information.

I spent ten years as a garden designer. Did you know she has part of
her garden design like a parterre with block patterns? So very pretty.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old October 26th 05, 11:47 AM
Tina

WOW, it is Awesome Tricia! Happy Dancin for YOU! Whoooo hoooooo

Hugs,
Tina

Old October 26th 05, 04:18 PM
Anne in CA

Tricia, try taking your pix outdoors in natural light. Some digital
cameras (mine for one :-( ) like sunlight better than light bulbs or
flash. The colors still may not be exact, but closer anyway.

Lovely pineapple!

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 26th 05, 05:23 PM
Tricia

Thank you all =) I'll look into the J. Breyer stuff and see.

I'll also keep in mind the natural outdoor light for taking digital
pictures -- it wouldnt' have helped last night though -- it was after 9
and pitch black when I finished and took the picture =) In a little
bit, I'll take my block out and try a natural picture of it.

Patti, the fabrics for the two main strips were from my wedding
reception -- it was fabric that had lined the roll baskets (we did
everything ourselves for the wedding -- although I must say mom did
most of the labor of figuring out the details like that -- and I was
glad to let her). It was what I had the most of that actually seemed
to have a color contrast to it although in most cases, the blue would
have been considered a medium not a dark.

The super dark parts were things I raided from my small stash
collection -- I had wanted the corners to be the same as the center and
I thought I had pieces big enough to do it but when it came time to add
them, I discovered the other "piece" was really several separated
strips that had already been pre-cut for playing around with log cabin
blocks and I didn't want the corners to match bad enough to piece them
together and then do them. I just found another fabric to use. =)

Tricia

Old October 26th 05, 07:46 PM
Sally Swindells

The Partarre influence seems to work the other way too - a lot of her
blocks remind me of them.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 26th 05, 07:48 PM
Tricia

Default Here I go (actually working on something)

=)

For those who saw the really dark pictures, I redid a few earlier today
in sunlight and have posted them in the same photo album --much better
to see them now *blush*

T.