Here I go (actually working on something)

Old October 25th 05, 11:28 PM
Tricia

Default Here I go (actually working on something)

Okay, I found a roll of this paper like stuff that seems slightly
firmer/thicker than pattern tissue paper that my garment patterns come
printed on -- it waas just hanging out in the closet that serves as my
pantry. Must have been left by someone who previously lived here but
I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I played a connec the dots version of tracing the Pineapple Paper
piecing that I was talking about in another thread (dot all the
intersections, then connect them with straight lines using a ruler --
having to rotate it along the line of symmetry to get where the binding
was in my way).

I've picked out my three fabrics from my stash scraps, cut some strips,
and am about to start pinning and stitching.

I hope to finish the single block tonight before hubby gets home from
teaching his night class and if I do, I'll take a digital of it and try
to find a place I can put it up to share. If I finish tonight, you'll
be hearing from me with a happy dance request.

Here goes,
Tricia

Old October 26th 05, 12:39 AM
nzlstar*

cant wait to see it, Tricia,
i love that pineapple too but too afraid to give it a go.
i use webshots , works pretty easy for me.
have fun, good luck, fingers crossed for ya that all goes well.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Tricia" wrote...

Old October 26th 05, 02:57 AM
Tricia

Default HAPPY DANCING WAS Here I go (actually working on something)

THanks, it's done! **Happy Dancing**

I'm off to find a place to put the pictures up on -- lighting isn't
very good but it's better than nothing.

Tricia

PS -- will post link when they go up.

Old October 26th 05, 03:13 AM
Tricia

Okay, apparently my wedding pics are public too -- oh well *shrug*

T.

Old October 26th 05, 03:23 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Tricia" wrote:

http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

That should get you to my main album. I think only the one called
Quilt Stuff is public. The first three pictures in there are of my
carppy item in progress that has been in progress for years now (the
one I took to my first guild meeting earlier this month).

The ones that are numbers are the pictures of what I did tonight --
lighting sucks but everytime I used the flash it completely whited out.

The other one is a picture of me at my new house -- mom took the
picture when she came to visit in Sept.

Still jigging away,

Tricia

Tricia, those pineapple blocks are really lovely!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 26th 05, 03:25 AM
Marcella Peek

In article .com,
"Tricia" wrote:

THanks, it's done! **Happy Dancing**

I'm off to find a place to put the pictures up on -- lighting isn't
very good but it's better than nothing.

Tricia

PS -- will post link when they go up.

Done already! You are speedy. Hope you had fun with it.

marcella
Old October 26th 05, 03:32 AM
Tricia

Thanks, it is all the same block -- only one. just multiple pictures
of it.

T.

Old October 26th 05, 03:34 AM
Tricia

Once I figured out what I was doing and got into a routine with the
different steps I did enjoy myself a lot. It felt good to be creating.

Now I gotta figure out what to do with the completed block....

Hmm...

T.

Old October 26th 05, 08:01 AM
Patti

Good for you. You'll love it - it's a most attractive block.
..
In message .com,
Tricia writes
[...]

Best Regards