IQF-Houston Todays Highlights!

Old October 20th 05, 03:55 AM
Tina

Default IQF-Houston Todays Highlights!

Yes Louise, that tennis shoe was REALLY that big! It was sooooooo
coool! LOL

My favorite today was the lamp shade! In my favorite fall colors and I
loved the leaves around the border! I will HAVE to make myself one
like that.

Tina, running back to the game! top of the 8th inning, we're winning 5
- 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
World Series here we coooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmme !!!!!!!!

Old October 20th 05, 03:57 AM
Tina

I guess today was so early in the set up process, they didn't have any
posters up regarding photography. I will definitely check tomorrow. I
did ASK and they did tell me I could take pictures, but I didn't think
to ask about posting them on Webshots. At the worst, I may have to
make it a private album as opposed to a public one?

I'll find out and make sure.

Tina, definitely having fun!

Old October 20th 05, 04:01 AM
Pat in Virginia

Tina: I vaguely remember something about not posting on web site
unless credits given. I could be wrong, as I was A) overwhelmed
with sensory overload, B) hanging out with Wendy, and C) not
conversant with setting up web site.
PAT, snickering in VA/USA

Old October 20th 05, 05:34 AM
Quilterin

Oh Tina!

WOW indeed! PLEASE keep taking photos and tell us about your adventures
there so those of us not able to go to Houston can experience it through
your eyes.

Uschi
(sitting here in Vienna - GREEEEEEEN with envy and seriously thinking
about stopping to buy fabrics and other quilt stuff so I'm able to save
money to MAYBE go to Lyon next year - wonders do happen, don't they?)

Tina schrieb:

WOW, Wow, and WOW I spent most of the day speechless. If anyone
thought I was addicted to quilting this past year - they ain't seen
nothin yet! Now, I will become an obsessive/compulsive quilter!

I have posted a few of my favorites from today (and will try to post
each day)

The Astros game started at 7:30, so I am trying to run back and forth
between the tv and the computer. I'm sorry, I have not edited these,
cropped them or cleaned them up. I got home at 6:45, ate and ran to
download the camera so I could catch the baseball game.

There is one I will explain to you now, when I took the pic, it was
still in the box - it is LITERALLY a Rock Wall, a completely quilted
Rock Wall ! It is the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life
and I will take a picture of the whole thing hanging/assembled tomorrow
morning and repost for you all!

I took lots of pictures of journals because I fell in LOVE with those
and know where my heart is headed next year!

So check back daily - there will be LOTS more to come, I promise!

http://community.webshots.com/album/481388257LArNlC

Hugs from Houston,
Tina, the quilt addict if there ever was one!

Old October 20th 05, 08:09 AM
Patti

Oh thank you for these, Tina. They're lovely - so evocative.
I simply loved that gorgeous black and white with sprays of bright,
bright tulips. I have rarely seen anything more beautiful.
..
In message .com, Tina
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old October 20th 05, 01:03 PM
Cheryl

Thankyou so much - on behalf of all of us who cannot get to Huston

--

Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

oups.com...

Old October 20th 05, 04:22 PM
Julia Altshuler

Gosh, you don't suppose any of the people who made those fabulous quilts
would like to have their names and credits put along side their work
when the photographs were published without their permission, do you?

--Lia

Old October 20th 05, 05:23 PM
Marcella Peek

In article .com,
"Tina" wrote:

I guess today was so early in the set up process, they didn't have any
posters up regarding photography. I will definitely check tomorrow. I
did ASK and they did tell me I could take pictures, but I didn't think
to ask about posting them on Webshots. At the worst, I may have to
make it a private album as opposed to a public one?

I'll find out and make sure.

Tina, definitely having fun!

I'm confused. Market starts Saturday (Oct 22) and Festival starts the
following Thursday (Oct 27) so how are you there every day?

Also, it is a copyright infringement for you to post pictures of the
quilts. If it's a private album it needs to be only for your private
enjoyment not to share with others.

marcella
Old October 20th 05, 06:32 PM
Sandy Foster

In article QLD5f.6541$vk1.266@dukeread04,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Tina: I vaguely remember something about not posting on web site
unless credits given. I could be wrong, as I was A) overwhelmed
with sensory overload, B) hanging out with Wendy, and C) not
conversant with setting up web site.
PAT, snickering in VA/USA

And hanging out with Wendy does strange things to you?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education